By Joe Bouchard
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Florida inmate admits to killing Santa Ana dentist who went missing in 1986
- Detention deputy stops inmate's suicide attempt
- 2 inmates charged with trafficking drugs at jail
- Alabama inmate who killed police officer defiant before execution
- 1,400+ additional La. inmates to be released in November as part of prison reform laws
- Pa. to combine some corrections department, parole board functions
- Wolf Administration moves to consolidate certain state prison, parole board functions
- Inmate Walks Away from Sugar Pine Conservation Camp (CC #09)
- Colorado spending more on prison inmate health care, report finds
- Study: Mass. Has The Highest Percentage Of Inmates Over 55
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Flex Link Receives Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Component Recognition
- ConnectNetwork® Expands User Experience with New Photo Messaging Feature for Mobile Dev...
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Full-Time Registered Nurse Opportunity in Bowling Green, FL!
Centurion of Florida / MHM Services
Corrections Officer I
Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility