By Jeffrey E. Keller MD
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Colorado Department of Corrections, U.S. State Department Help Successful United Nations Push to Update Antiquated Standards for Treatment of Prisoners
- Appeals Court Delays Transgender California Inmate's Surgery
- Police: Louisville man dies after prison assault
- Escapee Douglas Alward Collects $15,000 For Humiliating Capture
- Aaron Hernandez prison tattoo: What does it mean?
- Tecumseh State Correctional Institution Remains On Lockdown
- Legislature takes first steps on corrections reform, but work remains
- Nevada prisoners aren’t getting prepared for parole
- Local lockups can be more pricey to run than thought
- County prison applies for drug treatment program
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum's President and CEO Recognized by the National Council for Behavioral Health f...
- Spectrum Hires New Executive Director to Lead Rapidly Growing Inpatient and Residential...
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
- Wexford Health promotes senior management team members
- NaphCare’s TechCare™ EHR Receives 2014 Complete EHR Meaningful Use ONC-ACB Certificatio...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
ADDICTIONS TREATMENT MANAGER
South Central Correctional Center