By Joe Bouchard
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Teens accused of planning to throw phones over prison fence
- Pay increase proposed for correctional officers
- Community Service Providers receive EMPOWER Award for helping inmates transition into society
- Medical workers quit Delaware prison following fatal inmate riot
- Nevada inmate serving sentence for child sex offenses dies
- Inmate Found Dead In Virginia Jail
- Inmate in St. Louis County Jail dies
- Police say work release inmate escapes hospital in waiting car
- Ind. Court of Appeals Upholds Murderer’s 105-Year Prison Sentence
- Drew Peterson transferred out of Illinois prison system
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
- Orange County, California Awards ITS Contract to GTL
- GTL Houston Expansion Project Reflects Continued Commitment to Best-in-Class Data Cente...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
CSM Correction Officer 1
Georgia Department of Corrections