By Joe Bouchard
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- KCCC welcomes warden and assistant warden
- What prison life will be like for Aaron Hernandez
- Money for local corrections comes with strings
- 84-year-old Nevada inmate serving murder sentence dies
- State wants to proceed with Kelly Gissendaner execution
- Woman Dies While In Custody, Investigation Underway
- AG seeks to expose inmate identities in rape suit
- Legislators reach compromise on prison reform
- Separate stabbings at 2 Alabama prisons leave 1 prisoner dead, another wounded
- Disabled Santa Rosa inmate to get $97K in settlement
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum's President and CEO Recognized by the National Council for Behavioral Health f...
- Spectrum Hires New Executive Director to Lead Rapidly Growing Inpatient and Residential...
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
- Wexford Health promotes senior management team members
- NaphCare’s TechCare™ EHR Receives 2014 Complete EHR Meaningful Use ONC-ACB Certificatio...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Mental Health Coordinator
Crossroads Correctional Center
Substance Abuse Counselor (Warren)
Spectrum Health Systems, Inc