By Joe Bouchard
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Prison chief, 11 others put on leave after escapes
- Life on Alabama Death Row? 45 convicted killers have served 20 or more years
- Guard charged in connection with escape in court
- Island County Sheriff announces series of jail reforms
- Officials: Inmate at Maine prison died of natural causes
- NY prison inmates made ‘practice run’, made it to manhole night before escape
- Smoking ban sparks riot at Australian prison
- Alabama prison inmate tests positive for tuberculosis
- Rio Salado College Ranked #1 U.S. School by CorrectionalOfficer.org
- Vt. DOC Awaits Details on Inmate Death
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Orange County, California Awards ITS Contract to GTL
- GTL Houston Expansion Project Reflects Continued Commitment to Best-in-Class Data Cente...
- Spectrum's President and CEO Recognized by the National Council for Behavioral Health f...
- Matt Swando Named Divisional Vice President of BI Incorporated
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract in California with City of Santa Ana
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Spectrum Health Systems. Inc.
Warden - Delaware County, PA
George W. Hill - Delaware County