By Joe Bouchard
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Corrections Officers Day marked at ceremony in Trenton
- 45-Year-Old Inmate Dies in Las Vegas Hospital
- Nevada Prison Reports Three Inmates May Be Infected With E. Coli
- Homestead summit addresses ways to help inmates transition after prison
- Vermont Inmates Voice Complaints About New Michigan Prison
- Former investigator says Mercer jail mismanaged, lax on procedures
- Cushing prison remains on high alert
- Corrections officer shot near Stan Musial Bridge
- N.J. commemorates fallen corrections officer who was killed 18 years ago
- Escaped Tennessee inmate in custody
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- GTL Sets Annual Record for Visitation Management: Leads Industry in Combining In-Person...
- Assessing whether an electronic monitoring program is right for you
- Orange County, California Awards ITS Contract to GTL
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract with the City of Richmond (VA) Sheriff Office
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Detention Center Nurse-PRN (as needed)
HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR - Conroe, TX
The GEO Group, Inc.