By Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Early morning contraband raid at Easterling Correctional Facility
- ADOC investigating possible suicide at Easterling Correctional Facility
- County Drug Treatment Facility Opens In Lawrence County
- Positions approved for jail expansion
- Inmate connected to Nogales standoff, homicide dies by suicide
- County looking at adopting new inmate billing process
- Inmate escapes from Utah jail; possibly heading to California
- Roy Lewis Norris Dies of Natural Causes
- Sen. Murphy says Pell Grants could help prevent inmates from returning to prison
- Authorities: 4 Alabama inmates hospitalized after overdose
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012