By Dalonika McDonald, Texas Department of Criminal Justice/Parole Division
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Gary Maynard leaving as head of corrections
- U.S. citizen born in Mexico sues state prisons over job rejection
- Department of correction turning contraband into calling cards for troops
- Diagnosis: Adolescence, Not Otherwise Specified (NOS)
- Corrections Education proves to be smart investment
- Prisons move to stamp out contraband by limiting mail privileges for high-security inmates
- Bill Would Provide Prison Inmates With State ID Cards Upon Release
- Study Finds Spike In Auto Theft, Other Property Crimes Linked To Early Inmate Release
- Native American inmates fight hair length provision
- Ex-offenders get boost with 'trade not aid'
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum Adds New Website Exclusively for Correctional Treatment Services
- NaphCare Awarded New Five-Year Agreement to Provide Services at FCI Elkton
- NaphCare Supports the Efforts of NAMI of Southern Nevada
- BI Incorporated, SOBERLINK enter distribution agreement for SL2 alcohol monitoring system
- BI Incorporated wins award for collaboration with Verizon Wireless, Multi-Tech Systems
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Day Report Tech
ATTIC Correctional Services, Inc.
The GEO Group, Inc.