By Joe Bouchard
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Inmate found dead in Napa County jail
- Vt. Senate Plan Keeps Prison Open
- Bring Your Child to Work Day a hit at Solano County prisons
- Stopping Contraband Inside State Prisons
- Canada and France Sign Declaration to Share Correctional Information and Expertise
- Changes in store on Rikers Island
- Mistrial declared in case against Va. man accused of killing D.C. corrections official
- Condemned inmate Raymond Edward Steele dies of unknown causes
- 6 inmates at Elba Community Work Center treated for possible spice use
- Maine lawmakers struggle to find funding solution for county jails
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum's President and CEO Recognized by the National Council for Behavioral Health f...
- Spectrum Hires New Executive Director to Lead Rapidly Growing Inpatient and Residential...
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
- Wexford Health promotes senior management team members
- NaphCare’s TechCare™ EHR Receives 2014 Complete EHR Meaningful Use ONC-ACB Certificatio...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Mental Health Coordinator
Crossroads Correctional Center
HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
The GEO Group, Inc.