By Terry Campbell, Professor, Kaplan University, School of Public Safety
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Chickenpox forces southern Illinois prison lockdown
- Senator, governor trade accusations over prison report
- Oklahoma Prisons Lawyer Says He Felt Pressured
- Elmore prison clerk sentenced in massive identity theft
- Georgia state prisoner makes phone calls to area residents in local scam
- Victim, suspect in prison death were near end of segregation
- NZ Prisoner escapes from hospital
- Escaped Ohio prison inmate apprehended after 22 years
- Program Helps Parolees Find Work
- Inmate dies after being found stricken in cell at DVI
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract with the City of Richmond (VA) Sheriff Office
- Matt Swando Named Divisional Vice President of BI Incorporated
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract in California with City of Santa Ana
- NaphCare Announces Corporate Medical Director for Utilization Management
- NaphCare Awarded Comprehensive Health Services Contract with Federal Prison Camp in Ald...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Mental Health Coordinator
Marriage and Family Therapist
County of Orange