By William Sturgeon
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Utah officials consider 4 sites for new prison
- Investigation into jail suicide shows no wrongdoing by guards
- Inmates in Tennessee sue state to uncover execution methods
- Offender dies at local prison
- Inmate at Georgia jail reportedly tested for Ebola
- California Prisons: Important New Step Towards Non-Discrimination
- Electrical problems at Halawa prison have staff concerned
- Lackawanna County Prison Board concerned about suicides
- Inmate-on-inmate attack suspected in Kenai prison assault
- Search on for inmate who walked away from minimum unit
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract in California with City of Santa Ana
- Wexford Health promotes senior management team members
- NaphCare’s TechCare™ EHR Receives 2014 Complete EHR Meaningful Use ONC-ACB Certificatio...
- Missouri renews electronic monitoring program contract with BI Incorporated
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract to Provide Medical Services at FCI Bennettsville
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Subject Matter Expert
LIFE SKILLS WORKER II