By James Alan Fox, Lipman Family Professor of Criminology, Law and Public Policy, Northeastern University
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Sheriff asks for two more officers
- The State Worker: A sign of the times: California prison guards’ union embraces former enemies
- Northampton County corrections officer sues county over alleged gender bias
- Texas executes man convicted for corrections officer's death during short-lived 2007 escape
- Essex County employee, a retired corrections officer, admits to falsifying work records
- Female corrections officer involved in Mason County Jail assault arraigned
- Annual food drive Dec. 13 at Carson Valley Inn
- Prisoners Aid closure 'a blow to prisoner welfare'
- Skeptical council approves CCF agreement with state
- California Prisons To Hire Thousands Of Officers As Retirements Surge
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum Adds New Website Exclusively for Correctional Treatment Services
- NaphCare Awarded New Five-Year Agreement to Provide Services at FCI Elkton
- NaphCare Supports the Efforts of NAMI of Southern Nevada
- BI Incorporated, SOBERLINK enter distribution agreement for SL2 alcohol monitoring system
- BI Incorporated wins award for collaboration with Verizon Wireless, Multi-Tech Systems
The program interviews Will Marling, Executive Director of the National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) and Denise Richardson, a consumer advocate and identity theft education specialist. The topic is identity theft and an update of activities at the National Organization for Victim Assistance.
The production offers a brief overview of a proposed national Constitutional Amendment to protect victim rights and NOVA’s certification of victim advocates for the Department of Defense.
The website for NOVA is http://www.trynova.org.
The website for Denise Richardson is http://givemebackmycredit.com .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was March 5, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
JPS Program/Nurse Manager
University of California Davis Health System