By Brian R. Higgins & Joel Hunt
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Potosi inmate charged with murder
- Escaped SC inmate spotted in Newberry County
- Greene Correctional Facility inmate charged with promoting prison contraband
- 35-year-old prison inmate in Carson City dies
- Community corrections' success helps make our community safer
- New Nevada prisons chief declares shift toward inmate rehab
- Inmates celebrate earning high school diploma
- Inmate overdoses lead to SWAT team search of prison
- Police: Inmate found dead in holding cell at courthouse
- Under New Bill, Corrections Interim Head Is Qualified For Permanent Job
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum Health Systems President and CEO Charles Faris to Retire in July
- GTL Sets Annual Record for Visitation Management: Leads Industry in Combining In-Person...
- Assessing whether an electronic monitoring program is right for you
- Spectrum Hires New Executive Director to Lead Rapidly Growing Inpatient and Residential...
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - Florence, AZ
The GEO Group
Regional Manager, Health Services West
The GEO Group, Inc