By NIJ Journal No. 273 - Nancy Ritter
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Prison officers get pepper spray in response to security concerns
- Maine prisoner who stabbed fellow inmate 87 times won't plead insanity
- Man charged with bomb threat at Lynnwood DOC office
- Inquest slated in death of Pa. prison inmate
- ACLU of NM files suit vs DOC, ex-probation officer over sex assault
- Program crafts new future for juveniles
- DOC: Corrections officer at state prison in Buckeye injured after being assaulted by an inmate
- More Rikers inmates claim head injuries from guards
- New state corrections director to focus on lowering OK prison population
- Michigan requiring more mental health services
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum Adds New Website Exclusively for Correctional Treatment Services
- NaphCare Awarded New Five-Year Agreement to Provide Services at FCI Elkton
- NaphCare Supports the Efforts of NAMI of Southern Nevada
- BI Incorporated, SOBERLINK enter distribution agreement for SL2 alcohol monitoring system
- BI Incorporated wins award for collaboration with Verizon Wireless, Multi-Tech Systems
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Director of Nursing
MTC Otero County Prison Facility
Rehabilitation Services, Inc.