By NIJ Journal No. 273- Nadine Frederique and Lori Sexton
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- McKinney: DOC move will benefit Stephens County jail
- Convicted Lake killer to be executed today in Starke
- Haskell County Authorities Continue Search for Escaped Inmate
- Missouri executes inmate for slaying farming couple
- GA Department of Juvenile Justice to launch unit focused on re-entry, employment
- New NYC corrections chief faces challenges
- Lawmakers, prison agency defend lack of AC in Texas prisons
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent witness with 'personal bias' from testifying
- Serious issues acknowledged in women's prison
- Board approves juvenile hall downsizing
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract to Provide Medical Services at FCI Bastrop
- BI Incorporated agreement with U.S. Communities allows cities, counties and states acce...
- NaphCare Works Alongside Newton County Detention Centers and Sheriff’s Department to Ea...
- Corizon Raises Over $12,000 To Support Children Of Incarcerated Parents
- NaphCare’s New Partnership with the Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Wexford Health Sources
Programs and Industries Advisor