By Gary York
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- California corrections chief aims to change prison culture
- Man who targeted DOC worker's home to appear in court
- Parole hearing set for RFK killer Sirhan Sirhan
- Commissioner Proposes Audit of Jackson County's Corrections Division
- Top 10 Most Common Crimes among Illinois Department of Corrections inmates
- Escaped inmate arrested in Forest
- The director of the Wyoming Department of Corrections says it will cost $85 million to fix structural problems at the state penitentiary in Rawlins
- Inmate: MDOC reverses drug parole policy
- R.I. Department of Corrections to move forward with officer hiring, despite lawsuit
- Corrections Department Outlines Major Overhaul
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- GTL Sets Annual Record for Visitation Management: Leads Industry in Combining In-Person...
- Assessing whether an electronic monitoring program is right for you
- Orange County, California Awards ITS Contract to GTL
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract with the City of Richmond (VA) Sheriff Office
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
CCA - Davis Correctional Facility
Minnesota Sex Offender Program