By Klaus Reichardt
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Cuff Key to Door Key: A Systems Approach to Reentry
- Pennsylvania Finds 20 Percent of Juveniles Re-offend Within Two Years
- A prolonged stay: The reasons behind the slow pace of executions
- Visitation Slights: How Two Policies Stack the Deck Against D.C. Inmates
- Changes Coming to Indiana Criminal Code
- Locked up, but still a big help
- Millions meant for California crime victims goes unpaid
- Working To Help Ex-Offenders
- DOC taking bids, considers privatizing prison system’s mental health services
- Head of Colorado Department of Corrections parole division Tim Hand put on leave
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Corizon Announces New Senior Vice President
- BI Incorporated selected to operate Calaveras County Innovative Day Reporting Program f...
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract With Mobile County (AL) Sheriff's Office
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Nurse Practitioner (7075)
Clinical Registered Nurse (7067)