By Joe Bouchard
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Kentucky's early inmate release program saves $29M in two years
- Idaho’s Head of Correction is Stepping Down
- Officer at Lanesboro prison seriously injured in attack by inmate
- HIP escapee accused of armed robbery
- Tallahassee Needs to Fix Broken Prisons
- Hearing set in prison razor challenge
- State inmate arrested after fleeing work detail in McComb
- Mentally ill inmates need more help
- NY prison returns stay near 40 percent
- County pays ex-lawmaker thousands for jail work
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract with the City of Richmond (VA) Sheriff Office
- Matt Swando Named Divisional Vice President of BI Incorporated
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract in California with City of Santa Ana
- NaphCare Announces Corporate Medical Director for Utilization Management
- NaphCare Awarded Comprehensive Health Services Contract with Federal Prison Camp in Ald...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Correctional Officer-NEW STARTING WAGE
CCA-Winn Correctional Center
Chief of Security
Emerald Correctional Management