By Gary York
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Our View: Jail drug treatment funds could end vicious cycle
- Officer injured, glass windows broken during riot outside Allegheny County Jail
- APNewsBreak: Illinois Governor Seeks Prison Tower Cameras
- Justice Department Targets Twin Cities As Illegal Immigration Priority
- Bible used to smuggle drugs into Mississippi jail, sheriff says
- Payne County Jail expands trusty system to women
- Bandit the dog helped inmates in jail for 3 years — now he's got his own family
- Superintendent says he won't open new jail without budget
- Morris County juvenile detention officer admits assault on youth
- Juvenile detention center undergoes massive repairs after flooding
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
- GTL Sets Annual Record for Visitation Management: Leads Industry in Combining In-Person...
- Assessing whether an electronic monitoring program is right for you
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Mental Health Provider- Santa Rosa, NM
The GEO Group, Inc.