By Jeffrey E. Keller MD
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Helping former prisoners adjust helps all of us
- As many as 60 test positive for TB at Guam prison
- Man Executed For Killing 3 Members Of Texas Family
- Department Of Corrections Plans To Reduce Prison Population
- OK Sheriffs Speak Out About DOC's Plans To Move State Inmates
- Conjugal visits to end in NM
- Oswego County combating jail overcrowding with technology
- New warden named for Menard prison
- Family settles over Angola inmate death
- Elkhart County Sheriff's Department grapples with staffing crisis
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- BI Incorporated agreement with U.S. Communities allows cities, counties and states acce...
- NaphCare Works Alongside Newton County Detention Centers and Sheriff’s Department to Ea...
- Spectrum Adds New Website Exclusively for Correctional Treatment Services
- NaphCare’s New Partnership with the Oklahoma Department of Corrections
- Corizon Launches Social Media Initiative
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Wexford Health Sources
Recreation Therapist - Soledad, CA