By Jeffrey E. Keller MD
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- UPDATE: Search continues for escaped inmate spotted in Grafton
- 57-Year-Old Inmate Dies In Maryland Jail
- Yoga for inmates: ‘It makes me forget about all the little things’
- Police: Inmate tries to murder officer in failed escape attempt
- Montana State Prison warden is featured speaker at Deer Lodge library
- New program aimed at reducing recidivism at Pima County Jail
- Unexpected Increase In Prisoners Has Colorado Department Of Corrections Seeking Additional Funding
- Evacuated inmates about to be moved due to heat issues
- Lorain County Sheriff's Office searching for escaped jail inmate
- Inmate faces death penalty for double murder in 1983
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Flex Link Receives Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Component Recognition
- ConnectNetwork® Expands User Experience with New Photo Messaging Feature for Mobile Dev...
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Warden - DEC/LCC
Nebraska Department of Correctional Services