By Brian Parry
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Idaho prison chief tackles challenges: Kempf started career at Pocatello women's lockup
- Authorities: Inmate, 21, struck, killed by tractor-trailer
- Governor pulls plug on private prison contract
- Man convicted of raping teen at Lake Springfield dies in prison
- Drug counselor caught allegedly smuggling drugs, cellphones into prison
- County unemployment rises; hiring event for DOC jobs
- Woman convicted in Raleigh sports bar stabbing found dead in NC prison
- Cory Rosales Identified as Body Recovered From Black Eagle Dam
- Tulsa World Editorial: Oklahoma corrections officers honored for saving hostage's life
- Pros and cons: Inmates help fight Cuesta Fire thanks to state program
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- GTL Sets Annual Record for Visitation Management: Leads Industry in Combining In-Person...
- Assessing whether an electronic monitoring program is right for you
- Orange County, California Awards ITS Contract to GTL
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract with the City of Richmond (VA) Sheriff Office
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTATOR
The GEO Group
Substance Abuse Counselors (Wrightsville))
Spectrum Health Systems, Inc