By NIJ Journal No. 273- Nadine Frederique and Lori Sexton
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Prison escapee back in court Wednesday
- County honors first group of certified jailers
- OK Supreme Court Rejects Death-Row Inmates' Claims
- Planning for the aging prison population
- Mock evacuation of Perry County Jail conducted
- Search For Escaped Inmate Near Atoka County Prison
- Prison to begin no-contact visits at Halawa medium security prison
- Summit of Hope Program Working to Help Parolees
- Residents React to Fort Madison Prison Delays
- Bibliotech, BCSO team up to offer inmates unique program
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract to Provide Medical Services at FCI Bennettsville
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract to Provide Medical Services at FCI Bastrop
- BI Incorporated agreement with U.S. Communities allows cities, counties and states acce...
- NaphCare Supports the Efforts of NAMI of Southern Nevada
- Corizon Raises Over $12,000 To Support Children Of Incarcerated Parents
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Programs and Industries Advisor
Wexford Health Sources