By Carl ToersBijns, former deputy warden, ASPC Eyman, Florence AZ
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Program offers inmates skills for success
- Michigan prison sentence reforms gain momentum
- Pasco escapee explains what multiple escapes entailed
- Job fair to connect inmates, employers
- Video link lets inmates go to court without leaving jail
- Muskingum Re-Entry Coalition Helps to Keep Zanesville Safe and Strong
- Prison staff used inmates to run car wash, auto-repair service
- Deadline approaches for state CO exam
- Inmate who escaped Deatsville work center recaptured in Opelika
- Corrections Officers: Budget Cuts May Compromise Prison Safety
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract with the City of Richmond (VA) Sheriff Office
- Matt Swando Named Divisional Vice President of BI Incorporated
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract in California with City of Santa Ana
- NaphCare Announces Corporate Medical Director for Utilization Management
- NaphCare Awarded Comprehensive Health Services Contract with Federal Prison Camp in Ald...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Deputy Medical Director
Multnomah County Health Department
Chief of Security
Emerald Correctional Management