By Kevin H. Kempf
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Missing work release inmate considered an escapee
- Woman encounters escaped prisoner early morning
- Cracks emerge in NC investigation of inmate's death
- Killer in 1990 murder of Auburn man dies in prison
- Prison guard suspended for joke about lynching that referenced Obama
- Kingman prison hit with 3rd disturbance by inmates in 4 days
- New Tenn. law requires mandatory jail time before probation for vehicular homicide
- Department of Corrections searching for Decatur inmate after escape from work release
- Bill seeks new restrictions on sterilizations in California prisons
- 3 corrections employees placed on leave in inmate death case
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Orange County, California Awards ITS Contract to GTL
- GTL Houston Expansion Project Reflects Continued Commitment to Best-in-Class Data Cente...
- Spectrum's President and CEO Recognized by the National Council for Behavioral Health f...
- Matt Swando Named Divisional Vice President of BI Incorporated
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract in California with City of Santa Ana
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
LEAD LICENSED SOCIAL WORKER - Karnes City, TX
The GEO Group, Inc.
Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Counselor
Spectrum Health Systems. Inc.