By Klaus Reichardt
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Recidivism research secures scholar spot in top program
- Opening Our Eyes to Uncomfortable Truths
- Services cut for inmates with ‘serious functional impairments’
- Inmates Care For Horses At Putnamville Prison
- Death rows grow for want of lethal drugs
- Probation, Parole, Pardons Agency Looking to Fill Slots
- Corrections officers aim to teach criminals to comply
- State corrections workers to vote on union representation
- Serious issues in Colorado prisons' parole division
- Cuff Key to Door Key: A Systems Approach to Reentry
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Corizon Announces New Senior Vice President
- BI Incorporated selected to operate Calaveras County Innovative Day Reporting Program f...
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract With Mobile County (AL) Sheriff's Office
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Doyon Security Services
Correct Care Solutions