By The National Institute of Justice: Beth Pearsall
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Inmate escapes from Madera County jail
- New treatment for Hepatitis C could cost state millions
- Disciplinary measures against Canadian prison guards skyrockets
- Staffing shortfall hits Montana State Prison
- Arizona inmate's execution takes nearly two hours
- Ga. group wants crackdown on jail contraband, gangs
- California inmates win class-action status over race-based treatment
- Holmes County Jail Inmates Back in Custody
- Iowa Students Create Haven for Correctional Staff
- Arkansas Prison Officials Seek Funding for New Prison
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- NaphCare Awarded Comprehensive Health Services Contract with Federal Prison Camp in Ald...
- Missouri renews electronic monitoring program contract with BI Incorporated
- NaphCare Awarded New Contract to Provide Medical Services at FCI Bennettsville
- Spectrum Adds New Website Exclusively for Correctional Treatment Services
- NaphCare Awarded New Five-Year Agreement to Provide Services at FCI Elkton
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Bexar County Sheriffs Office (San Antonio)
Spectrum Health Systems, Inc