NEW Economy & Corrections
Smart ’09 Budget Moves in Corrections
KDOC Continues to Reap Benefit of eLearning
March 4, 2009. According to The Kentucky Department of Corrections, for the past five years they have sustained a 60% savings off their annual training budget as the result of a smart, measurable training strategy engineered by CorrectionsMedia, the industry's elearning leader and creators of Corrections.com. read more
Using Social Media to Protect Public Safetyby Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
DC’s Fugitive Safe Surrender Prompts 530 Offenders with Warrants to Voluntarily Surrender in a Church. It’s not easy to understand why anyone with a warrant would voluntarily surrender to law enforcement. But I spoke to many offenders during an event in the nation’s capitol who told me that they were looking for a safe opportunity to turn themselves in. full story
- Security Technology Enhancement Plans
- CDCR to Discharge Deported Criminal Aliens to Federal Authorities
- Suicidal juveniles - Forum
Correctional Registered Nurse - Arizona
We are looking for a Correctional Registered Nurse to work at one of the Secured School Medical Facilities. Positions are available in North Phoenix, Buckeye and Tucson. full job posting
- April: Security/Technology
- May: Architecture
- June: Minority issues
Mudflap: I’m at Hocking, and we’ve been hit hard with upper management losses. We’ve also lost a couple of CO’s when some support staff bumped them. (As most ODRC people know, a CO can go to a different job and then go back to a CO if they do it before a set number of years. That’s what has happened with us.)
Irishsprig: Hey guys, just got hooked up on this site! Wanted to ask mudflap how did you lose administration? Up here they just moved them around and gave them different titles.
Mudflap: None of the admin spots were given different titles. They’re gone. A few of the lower eschelon personnel bumped back to a CO slot, but most transferred to a different facility and got a slightly lower position. full thread
- Telcom Company to Establish National Engineering, Manufacturing, Technical Services Fa...
- Keefe Group Launches New Technology Division, Access Corrections™
- NABCJ's Presidential Citation for Corporate Support Awarded to Keefe Group President
- FBOP fully deploys ATG's two medical systems to 114 institutions in 18 months
- Women in Criminal Justice Conference
April 14-19, 2009
The conference is for women at all levels working in all aspects of the criminal justice field.
- American Jail Association 28th Annual Training Conference and Jail Expo
April 26-30, 2009
The Louisville Metro Department of Corrections and the Kentucky Jailer's Association are proud to be the co-hosts for this year's conference in in Louisville, Ky.
- Experience the Riot @ The Mock Prison Riot
May 3-6, 2009
The National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs and the West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation host the Mock Prison Riot on the grounds of the former West Virginia Penitentiary in Moundsville, West Virginia.
- Desert Waters Correctional Outreach Staff Wellness through Positive Leadership Conference
May 7-8, 2009
This conference will provide criminal justice professionals with evidence-based strategies that boost staff wellness, morale and performance
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right"
- Henry Ford (1863 - 1947) Founder, Ford Motor Co.