NEW Economy & Corrections
More creative savings in KDOC. This time a new bill passed for addicts.
Just read an recent article on the examiner.com that said as of March 5th both the House & Senate have passed a bill allowing shorter sentences to Kentucky addicts who agree to complete drug treatment. Curious to know what everyone else thinks or if anyone knows other states taking similar steps? read more
Manipulation and Fearby Joe Bouchard and Mike Plourde
Recently, Institutional Training Officer Mike Plourde, developed a module called “Con Games”. “Con Games” addresses some of the ruses and manipulation that may be executed on corrections staff. He paired that with Joe Bouchard’s module “Wake up and Smell the Contraband”, encompassing the whys and hows of illicit activities inside the walls of corrections facilities. Part of that module which deals with trepidation because of manipulation is presented here. full story
- Using Social Media to Protect Public Safety
- Breathe Easier When You Know More About Asthma
- Hospitalized Inmates Getting Visits?
Intervention Specialist - Pennsylvania
The position provides direct service work providing a full range of therapeutic services directed toward the care and rehabilitation of delinquent and dependent youth.
full job posting
- April: Security/Technology
- May: Architecture
- June: Minority issues
bluende: How common is it not to have a lunch break, or any break, during a full-time shift?
Mudflap: Where I work it’s very common to work a shift without a break. The relief officers, unless they’re surprised when they come to work and are put on a post because someone called off, have the option of hitting the chow hall during shift. Those of us who are on a post get by as we can. full thread
- Westchester County Department of Corrections selects Primonics’ Televisit Corrections ...
- Telcom Company to Establish National Engineering, Manufacturing, Technical Services Fa...
- Keefe Group Launches New Technology Division, Access Corrections™
- NABCJ's Presidential Citation for Corporate Support Awarded to Keefe Group President
- FBOP fully deploys ATG's two medical systems to 114 institutions in 18 months
- Women in Criminal Justice Conference
April 14-19, 2009
The conference is for women at all levels working in all aspects of the criminal justice field.
- American Jail Association 28th Annual Training Conference and Jail Expo
April 26-30, 2009
The Louisville Metro Department of Corrections and the Kentucky Jailer's Association are proud to be the co-hosts for this year's conference in in Louisville, Ky.
- Hepatitis B & C with HIV Co-infection (live webcast)
April 29, 2009
The Management of HIV/ AIDS in the Correctional & Community Setting is an on-going satellite videoconference, and webcast series designed to address clinical issues in the management of HIV-infected patients
- Experience the Riot @ The Mock Prison Riot
May 3-6, 2009
The National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs and the West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation host the Mock Prison Riot on the grounds of the former West Virginia Penitentiary in Moundsville, West Virginia.
- Desert Waters Correctional Outreach Staff Wellness through Positive Leadership Conference
May 7-8, 2009
This conference will provide criminal justice professionals with evidence-based strategies that boost staff wellness, morale and performance
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in."
- Wayne Gretzky (retired professional hockey player)