NEW Economy & Corrections
Stewart vs. Cramer Debate
Anyone in corrections been following the debate between Jon Stewart [of the Daily Show] and Cramer of CNBC? Would love to know what we're all thinking in Corrections about this. I've included a must see video clip of this most-tuned in debate. Share your thoughts.
see post with video
Micro-managing: A different viewby Joe Bouchard
There are very few who would argue in favor of the merits of the practice of micro-managing. Unnecessary and relentless attention to detail frustrates competent staff, provides fodder for division, and allows a foothold for manipulative prisoners. It is a nearly universal sentiment that micro-managing is absolutely wrong in all instances. full story
Court Liaison I - Texas
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships within the state of Texas, managing customer issues, coordinating the admission process, gathering data on competitors, and providing program information to to all decision makers as well as those who have influence on placement decisions.
full job posting
- April: Security/Technology
- May: Architecture
- June: Minority issues
New BOP hire
Bee BOP: I recently received my acceptance letter for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. I start my in-house training on March 30th. I can’t say how relieved I am to start this career. After I seperated from the Air Force last year, I applied to dozens of police and corrections agencies. The BOP process took me three weeks…and I was hired...
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - March 28th and 29th Restoration Support for Houston’s Historic Oliv...
- Keefe Group Partners with Puppies Behind Bars
- Keefe Group Partners with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Amachi Program
- Westchester County Department of Corrections selects Primonics’ Televisit Corrections ...
- Telcom Company to Establish National Engineering, Manufacturing, Technical Services Fa...
- IACTP Call for Presentations
March 16 - April 30, 2009
When coming to this year’s conference [October 25th through October 28, 2009] don’t just plan on sitting through the workshops because this is your opportunity to share your knowledge with your peers.
- Women in Criminal Justice Conference
April 14-19, 2009
The conference is for women at all levels working in all aspects of the criminal justice field.
- American Jail Association 28th Annual Training Conference and Jail Expo
April 26-30, 2009
The Louisville Metro Department of Corrections and the Kentucky Jailer's Association are proud to be the co-hosts for this year's conference in in Louisville, Ky.
- Hepatitis B & C with HIV Co-infection (live webcast)
April 29, 2009
The Management of HIV/ AIDS in the Correctional & Community Setting is an on-going satellite videoconference, and webcast series designed to address clinical issues in the management of HIV-infected patients
- Experience the Riot @ The Mock Prison Riot
May 3-6, 2009
The National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs and the West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation host the Mock Prison Riot on the grounds of the former West Virginia Penitentiary in Moundsville, West Virginia.
- Desert Waters Correctional Outreach Staff Wellness through Positive Leadership Conference
May 7-8, 2009
This conference will provide criminal justice professionals with evidence-based strategies that boost staff wellness, morale and performance
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."
- Will Durant (1885-1981) American writer