Tell It Like It Is
Unconventional Delivery of Deadly Force in a Correctional Facilityby Tracy E. Barnhart, & Gary T. Klugiewicz
This article is going to be about the need for corrections officers to deliver deadly force to protect themselves and others from inmates who are trying to kill them. It is going to deal with unconventional means of delivering deadly force when justified – even though corrections officers are not usually trained or equipped with such weapons. This article is not about being giving officers a green light to use force indiscriminately but instead is meant to give officers the information and clear understanding of the when, where and how to use force capable of taking a life... full story
bluende: How many states have policies mandating or freezing employees on duty for overtime, in spite of having people willing to volunteer to do overtime?
“Tis the Season” - To Be Alertby William Sturgeon
In corrections the Holiday Season can be very demanding. Throughout my career, while I always personally looked forward to the holidays, professionally I knew that I would have to increase my overall “situational awareness” when I was at work. The holiday season brings with it a variety of security concerns within correctional facilities. Offenders manifest varying degrees of uneasiness...
- Unconventional Delivery of Deadly Force in a Correctional Facility
- Keeping Our Kids Out of Gangs
- Offenders on the Internet and Social Media Sites–DC Public Safety
- December: Charity/Volunteerism
Pharmacist - Arizona
This position will be responsible for assisting the Charge Pharmacist in the operation of their duties; operating a licensed Correctional Pharmacy... full job posting
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
- Inmate Telephone Provider Bankruptcy Provides Both Challenge and Opportunity.
- Data Detective™ by Access Corrections™ Provides Valuable Investigative Tools at NO Cost...
- Weber County Correctional Facility Upgrades Technology Without Taxpayer Expense
- Digital Solutions / Inmate Telephone, Inc. Holds Golf Outing with a Charitable Goal
- BI Incorporated Names Gerry Callejo Software Product Manager
- Juvenile Probabtion Officer Training
Nov 29 - Dec 04, 2009
Juvenile Probation Officer Basic is a forty (40) hour workshop for the new probation officer (1 day to 1 year). Participants will experience simulations, role plays, and group practices.
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"All great achievements require time."
- Maya Angelou