Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
The Road to Safety: Line Level Leadershipby Joe Bouchard and Tracy E. Barnhart
At the risk of sounding dramatic, corrections can sometimes be a lonely place. There are times during the course of our duties that feel stranded by the circumstances. On occasion, we don’t know where to turn when we are faced with a new scenario... full story
Use of Force
CHZBURGR: If the situation has escalated to the point of being hands on then it has escalated to the point of tazers and or OC...
Stopping Correctional Worker SuicideBy Caterina Spinaris Tudor, Ph.D.
The corrections field is plagued with the scourge of staff suicide. Recent statistics from New Jersey show that corrections officers commit suicide at over double the rates of police officers and the general population.
- Training Staff for Real World Applications
- Social Media for Law Enforcement-DC Public Safety
- Why's our stuff always broke?
- March: Security/Technology - New technology, conferences, managing gangs/threat groups
Deputy Executive Director for Programs & Professional Services – Illinois – Cook County
Cook County is currently looking for a Deputy Executive Director for Programs and Professional Services to work in the JTDC Facility. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Deputy is responsible for formulating, organizing, and directing the overall support service functions for the facility’s ten (10) operating Centers as well as staff from all ancillary divisions.full job posting
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
- Digital Solutions / Inmate Telephone, Inc. Donates Proceeds of Charity Golf Outing.
- BI Incorporated achieves ISO 9001: 2008 Certification for high quality standards
quote of the week
"Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
- George Washington