Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
New Female CO1
FCOJC: Hello, I am starting a new job, and I am wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should know or should do being a female officer? Any tricks of the trade or things I need to watch out for.
Rapport, humor, and trainingBy Joe Bouchard
There is a fine balance in training between command and clownery. This condition is complicated by the various classroom personas that instructors adopt.
- The Road to Safety: Looking out for other drivers
- Women in Prisons
- Technical Issues in Checking Contraband Cell Phone Use in Jails and Prisons
- April: Women in Corrections – Profiling successful women practitioners and focusing on issues they face
Assistant FoodService Director – Oklahoma – Canteen Corrections – Compass Group
This position involves all aspects of the every day management of the kitchen including cooking. Requires ability to manage kitchen employees. Requires working independently with supervision from the Food Service Director.full job posting
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out."
- Art Linkletter