Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
Understanding the Prison Riot or Disturbanceby Tracy E. Barnhart
I guess the first question that I can ask is, “how do you prevent disturbances or riots from occurring?” The answer is, you cannot. Disturbances and riots have been occurring since there have been prisons. full story
Equipment you wear
Striker: I was wondering that with all the equipment that is worn for CO’s, how do you adjust it so it is comfortable during a shift?
Positive Psychology and Incarceration: Can you promote positive emotion in inmates and staff?By Joe W. Hatcher, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology
Championed by David Seligman, Positive Psychology has seen considerable use with so-called “problem” populations, such as children who are having difficulty in school. For the past year, my colleague Jean Redman-Zank and I have been running therapy groups based on Positive Psychology principles at a medium security men’s institution in Wisconsin. And it’s been fun.
- July – Innovation – People/ideas that move corrections forward [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Licensed Practical Nurse – Florida – Hernando County Sheriff’s Office
Staff nurse basic duties are to be responsible for direct nursing care of inmates incarcerated in the detention facility in accordance with established policies and procedures of the facility and the accepted standard of nursing practice within the state. The primary responsibilities are to provide sick call, deliver medication, respond to emergencies, and conduct physical assessments on inmates.full job posting
- 41st Annual SSCA Training Conference
- American Correctional Assocation's 140th Congress of Correction
- Texas Probation Officers Legislative Conference
- Oregon Problem Kid Problem-Solver Workshop
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell."
- Harry S. Truman