Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
Non-Confrontational Mindsetby Tracy E. Barnhart
Everyone who knows me best knows that I am big on the warrior ethos and obtaining and keeping a survival mindset. But in writing this training article I was very apprehensive on what to call it. full story
Mandated CPR On Inmates: Good Or Not So Good?
Mudflap: Two inmates had heart attacks this year. Both were clinically dead and had turned purple. Both received staff-initiated CPR and defib. One survived (and is back). The other didn’t make it.
Hiring People on Community SupervisionBy Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
The program interviews Alec Vincent, Manpower Development Specialist for the D.C. Department of Employment Services. The program addresses the hiring of people on parole and probation supervision.
- HIV/AIDS Treatment Curbs Spread of HIV Among Drug Users
- Department of Justice Releases First National Strategy for Child Exploitation Prevention and Interdiction
- Discomfort can be useful
- August – Off The Clock – What practitioners do in their leisure time [Please send us stories of what you do when your "off the clock" to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Corrections Manager III, Deputy Warden – Kansas – Ellsworth Correctional Facility
This top level management position serves as Deputy Warden of a multi-custody correctional facility with an offender population of 832 adult male felons.full job posting
- Texas Probation Officers Legislative Conference
- Hidden Language of Sexual Abuse
- Oregon Problem Kid Problem-Solver Workshop
- National Conference on Correctional Health Care
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"To achieve greatness, start where you are, use what you have, do what you can."
- Arthur Ashe