Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
What Makes a Warrior?by Tracy E. Barnhart
I have written many training articles and trained many individuals who I hope never need the tactics and strategies that I have shown. I often wonder while pondering and reminiscing of old times hoping that I told each student everything that I knew or have shown them the details of the tactics necessary to subdue the resisting individual. full story
New Treatment Staff- advice?
Turnkey: DO NOT use short cuts which will develop into bad habits.
Practical Perspectives: Realizing Profound Change requires CollaborationBy Major Clifford G. Tebbitt, Jail Administrator, Scott County Sheriff's Office
The genesis of any plan for change that is intended wide scale transformation within your jail operation would be best advised by embracing a collaborative effort. A collaboration that folds any and all possible stakeholders within the community that change is intended and/or desired.
- Update The Juvenile Justice Systems – Now!
- E-books in a Correctional Setting: a niche market
- Knocked off square
- September – Food and Agriculture – Coverage of Food Service issues and Agriculture in corrections [Please send us stories of what you do when your "off the clock" to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Corrections Institutional Supervisor – Minnesota – Hennepin County
We are seeking candidates who share our Mission: Community Safety, Community Restoration, and Offender Change. The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation envisions a safe environment where children and adults are responsible, law-abiding and add value to our community; and communities demonstrate the capacity for reconciliation, encouragement and the full incorporation of all our people.full job posting
- Oregon Problem Kid Problem-Solver Workshop
- National Conference on Correctional Health Care
- Seattle WA The Problem Student Problem-Solver Workshop
- Dermatological Manifestations of HIV Infection (Part of Management of HIV/AIDS in the Correctional and Community Setting)
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking."
- Johann von Goethe