Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tasers in the Jail?
Training Sup: Since the implementation of the Taser, injuries among staff and inmates alike have declined.
Parking Spaces, Nepotism and NetworkingBy Joe Bouchard
I have witnessed people throw what would be considered a huge fit over a simple parking spot or place in line. Imagine how someone like this would feel if they were overlooked for a promotion.
- The Fall of the Neighborhood Gang
- Hiring People Under Community Supervision-An Employer’s Perspective
- Mental Health Courts Lower Recidivism
- October – Health – Coverage of current health issues and programs [Please send us stories of what you do when your "off the clock" to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Criminal Justice Analyst – California – Napa County
This is an at-will management classification in the County Executive Office. The position supports the County Executive Office and various Criminal Justice, Corrections and Public Safety Departments in the effective and efficient monitoring and analysis of all data and the quality assurance program(s).full job posting
- October 6th - Dermatological Manifestations of HIV Infection (Part of Management of HIV/AIDS in the Correctional and Community Setting)
- October 7th - Oregon Problem Kid Problem-Solver Workshop
- October 9th - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
- November 5th - Seattle WA The Problem Student Problem-Solver Workshop
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."