Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
Be Safe and Remain Above Reproach!by Tracy E. Barnhart
Below is an excerpt from the statement of Chief Judge Larry McKinney at the sentencing hearing of a former Federal Correctional Officer on October 4, 2007. A great friend of mine, Sgt. Michael Van Patten, Special Operations Sergeant Oregon State Penitentiary sent this to me and I feel all officers should read the information herein. full story
Are gangs running our prisons?
algrob: They don’t run the facility that I work at simply because a few of us refuse to let it happen.
"You Don't Have to Lose"By Contrenia C Fann
A question was posed to me by an administrator while I was facilitating the workshop, "Common Sense: Do Not Play The Game With An Inmate". The administrator asked, "What will happen to an employee if he or she reports that he or she has fallen in love with an inmate? Will the employee lose his or her job?"
- Assessing Assertion and Aggression – An Airport Tale
- Managing Your Persistent Fears, Anxieties, and Stresses
- Six Myths Why We Can't Manage Sex Offender's Computer/Internet Use
- November – Agency Budgets – What are the budget busters and monetary issues effecting corrections [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobDetention Service Officer (30 vacancies) – Texas – Dallas County
Provides supervision and control of inmates during booking, preliminary holdover, identification, confinement, recreation, visitation, release, and all other aspects of incarceration within a secure facility of the Dallas County jail system.full job posting
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."