Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Mudflap: If you’re in the academy or you’re a long time veteran, how much emphasis does your training academy put on physical conditioning for the officers-in-training these days?
Prison Civility - Part IIBy Billy S. Humphrey
Institutional culture is defined as the values or basic assumptions that people of an organization hold about how one ought to think and behave. Culture can be a good thing or a bad thing. It can be negative, or it can be positive. The culture of a secure penal institution is either healthy or unhealthy depending upon the quality of the leadership.
- URI Nursing Students Get Hands-On Experience in State Prisons
- New Justice Department Report Minimizes Rampant Sexual Abuse of Detained Youth
- Ranking Bully Types – The Points System
- December – Ethics and Heroes – Coverage of Ethics issues and stories of heroes in corrections [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobCorrectional Facility Shift Supervisor – Vermont – Vermont Dept. of Corrections/NERCF
Duties include instruction, deployment and supervision of security and operations staff in accordance with established regulations, policies and procedures, and response to emergencies as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of an administrative superior. All employees of the Agency of Human Services perform their respective functions adhering to four key practices: customer service, holistic service, strengths-based relationships and results orientation.full job posting
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
- Helen Keller