Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
The Three C's (Computers, Crime and Corrections)
Inmates and Computer Access: Good or BadBy Art Bowker, Cybercrime Specialist
Not too long ago the idea of giving inmate’s computer access was batted around, particularly considering the educational aspect it brings to a facility. It is one additional tool that could be used to rehabilitate the inmate. This idea has grown dramatically. full story
Mentally Ill Inmates
Karen: I need some advise on the duty of RNs in the correctional setting to contact family of mentally ill patients who are clearly delusional (but do not fit criteria for 302) to fill in gaps in medical history given at intake.
How Bad is the Crisis in America’s Prisons?By John Dewar Gleissner, Esq
Pretty bad. From 1987 to 2007, the U.S. prison population nearly tripled. The American prison population in 2004 was eight times larger than it was in 1954. In 2008, it was 40 times greater than it was in 1904. On a per capita basis, there were 15 times more sentenced prisoners in 2008 than in 1904. At the beginning of 2008, 2,319,258 Americans were in prison or jail, more than in any other country in the world, and a greater percentage of our population is in prison or jail than in any other country in the world.
- The Holiday Season – A Challenging Time of the Year in Correctional Facilities
- Sex Offender Supervision in the Nation’s Capital
- Assertive or Aggressive Icebreaker 101
- December – Ethics and Heroes – Coverage of Ethics issues and stories of heroes in corrections [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobCorrections Assistant Superintendent – Vermont – Department of Corrections
Managerial work at a professional level in the Department of Corrections as an assistant superintendent of an adult correctional facility. Under the general supervision of a Correctional Facility Superintendent, performs administrative, managerial, and supervisory work required in planning, delivery, and evaluating correctional services. Supervision is exercised over supervisory, casework, technical, security, and clerical employees. Extensive liaison occurs with correctional, law enforcement, political, and service provider personnel.full job posting
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
quote of the week
"One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised."
- Chinua Achebe