Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
27 year veteran of Fairfax County (Va), a former police officer and an officer in the U.S. Secret Service, Lt. Gary F. Cornelius is keeping it real with a balanced look (ups and downs) inside the American Jail. What’s it really like inside? A frank forum on jail operations and the people who live and work there. Take a tour with Gary...http://www.corrections.com/gary_cornelius
Inmates and disposable razors
jmonta: We are having an issue with disposable razors. The inmates are altering the razor and removing the blade, we are looking for a cost effective solution or some suggestions to correct this problem.
Incarcerated Kids Drugged with AntipsychoticsBy Evelyn Pringle
On Oct. 1, 2010, John Kelly reported on an investigation by Youth Today that found atypical antipsychotics were prescribed to many incarcerated youths in juvenile facilities in the US without a diagnosis of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, the only FDA-approved indications for use with juveniles.
- Ten Dividers in Corrections
- What Works in Corrections: Deciding to Change
- Is Your Mail-room Your Facility’s Achilles Heal
- Correctional Warrior Confidence
- January – Juvenile – Coverage of Juvenile programs and projects [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobPart-Time Nurse Practitioner – Florida – Manatee County Juvenile Justice Center
NaphCare is looking for a part-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join us in bringing on an exciting new contract at the Manatee County Juvenile Justice Center in Bradenton, Florida. Qualified candidates must have current FL NP/PA license, CPR and a desire to provide quality health care to incarcerated youth.full job posting
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
quote of the week
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
- Nelson Mandela