Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
The Three C's (Computers, Crime and Corrections)
State Wiretap Laws: The Title III Gorilla in Correctional Computer Monitoring?
Community corrections agencies are increasing being asked to manage cyber-risk. So how does wiretap laws pertain to community corrections computer monitoring? Lets see!full story
Illinois Won...:Let’s face it...everybody...McDonalds, WalMart, and the State of Illinois, Department of Corrections, is understaffed.
Practical Perspectives: Thoughts on Leadership and Subordinate Development (Part II of II)By Major Clifford G. Tebbitt, Jail Administrator, Scott County Sheriff's Office
So how do we as leaders in local corrections, as jail administrators, develop subordinate leaders? Where do we find information and material that clearly defines the way? How does one judge subordinate leadership development success?
- A Solution to Staff Division: The Rock of Integrity
- Tight Budgets Will Influence Jails and Prisons Operations
- Government and Social Media—Creating Meaningful Experiences
- February – International – Highlighting corrections systems and personnel worldwide [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobDeputy Director II-Correctional Health – California – San Joaquin County Health Care Services
San Joaquin County Health Care Services is recruiting for a Deputy Director II to manage and administer the Correctional Health Facility located at the San Joaquin County jail. The Deputy Director II is a senior management exempt position that serves as a department head of Correctional Health Services. The position reports to the Director of Health Care Services and ensures that staff provide mandated health care-medical, psychiatric, dental and pharmaceutical- to inmates and wards of the county’s adult and juvenile detention facilities.full job posting
- April 4, 2011 – National Forum on Correctional Security
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
- James Baldwin