Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
The Three C's (Computers, Crime and Corrections)
Sex Offenders and Gaming Devices: What is the Risk?
From time to time supervision officers ask me about gaming consoles and sex offenders. There were some recent incidents that compelled me to write about it today.full story
Pat Down Gloves
RonJr1970: Any opinions on "the best" to wear for protection during pat downs and cell searches?
The Routine Activity Theory Applied to Corrections: Why We Need Quality RoundsBy Andrew Nolen, Officer
While there is a multitude of theories out there that represents a good majority of ways to explain why or how to keep a crime from being committed the best, in my opinion, is the Routine Activities Theory.
- Technology – Friend or Foe?
- Some Reasons Why Incarceration Does Not Work Very Well
- Parole Failure and Bad Pitching
- March – Security/Technology – New technology, conferences, managing gangs/threat groups [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
featured jobExec Director – Residential Re-Entry – Florida – The Salvation Army
The succesful candidate will have proven mgmt & supervisor leadership skills. Add'l mgmt skills include budgeting & staff development. The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in Social, Criminal, or Behavioral Sciences and Master's degree, or 5 years progressive experience in Correctional mgmt. Law enforcement exp. is beneficial.full job posting
- April 4, 2011 – National Forum on Correctional Security
- April 16, 2011 – NAAWS 2011 Training Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- Sept 12, 2011 – High Technology Crime Investigation Association, International Training Conference & Expo
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"Wealth is the ability to fully experience life."
- Henry David Thoreau