Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Cpratt182: I am a Junior in a Criminal Justice program looking for an internship program that will be worth while to my future career goals.
Why Judicial Corporal Punishment Is Better Than IncarcerationBy John Dewar Gleissner, Esq
While the execution of judicial corporal punishment is horrendous and usually bloody, the effects of incarceration are worse. Prison takes offenders away from their families, marriages, jobs, friends, communities and churches and puts them in an extremely bad moral environment for years at a time.
- Prescription Drug and Pharmacy Management in Corrections
- Gang Membership
- Consider the source?
- When Good Men Do Nothing: The Price of Denial
- April – Women in Corrections – Profiling successful women practitioners and focusing on issues they face. [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Nurse Practitioner – State of Ohio
The Vermont Department of Corrections seeks a seasoned, proven leader challenged to manage one of the State Correctional Facilities. The facilities within Vermont differ widely from 100 bed Work Camps to 400 bed Central Receiving facilities. The facility custody levels range from minimum to medium-security throughout the state, housing pre-trial detention and sentenced male and female populations.full job posting
- April 4, 2011 – National Forum on Correctional Security
- April 16, 2011 – NAAWS 2011 Training Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- June 12, 2011 – NLECTC - Innovative Technologies for Corrections Conference
- June 18, 2011 – The College on Problems of Drug Dependence – Trauma-Informed Care: An Essential Element of Recovery
- Sept 12, 2011 – High Technology Crime Investigation Association, International Training Conference & Expo
- NaphCare's Bill Kissel - New Georgia State Chairperson of CIT
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"I'll go anywhere as long as it's forward."
- David Livingstone