>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Ohio DRC Hiring Freeze??

Subscribe to Ohio DRC Hiring Freeze?? 84 posts, 22 voices

Login to reply

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

I here ManCI has gone down hill this last year. I hear it’s so bad they think RiCI is a good place to work now ;)

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

I Heard they just hired 29 officers for Mansfield hope you were in that group.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Male user BroncosFan 17 posts

Update:
Applied 8/12/2012
Assessment Consideration Email 8/22/2012
Assessment Scheduling Email 10/11/2012
Assessment Date 10/24/2012
Passed Assessment 10/24/2012

Waiting on background.
Still waiting on my background…..Pretty sure I am one of the few still waiting. Guess they found out that I hit a raccoon in my truck the other day. On a positive note, I quit smoking and lost all my weight while waiting. So that will make the academy easier. Pray for me. I need this job.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Update on the gaming front. There is a game out called The War Z this game is in the Alpha Phase but you can still buy it. Serious survival game where not only are the zombies out to get you but also other players as well. You have to scrounge supplies. Looks very good.

I tend to waste time on Battlefield 3. Some reason I’m also addicted to putting unsuspecting suckers to sleep from a long way out. “Down boy! BANG Good dog…”

Now to be serious, it took me a year and a half from applying to hire with ODRC. Sometimes the wheels move slow.

Flag shakey 191 posts

I’m hooked on Raspberrys and butter pecan icecream and spend the winter playing to much WOW.

I’m An old man still playing video games, so sue me.

They found out I’m addicted to chunky monkey icecream while I watch reruns of old yeller… I always cry at the end.

Flag shakey 191 posts

HEY some secerts are better left alone, You just wait till that skeleton’s leg hit’s you while you open the closet and you go damn forgot about you..quick back in you go..LOL.

Dec 10 aint that far away, before you know it you’ll be at CTA, After that you’ll be like me going “where the hell did the last 19 years go”.

Time flies when your haveing fun. hope it works out.

They said they wont ave them all completed until Dec 10th at the latest. And no we aren’t all hiding something. What did they find on you?

Flag shakey 191 posts

We’re waiting, what they find in you background check.?

Come on, we all got something we’re hiding, did they find your’s. OUT WITH IT.

Update:
Applied 8/12/2012
Assessment Date 10/24/2012
Passed Assessment 10/24/2012

Waiting on background.

Thank you for the info cm1020. I think there was a hiring freeze when you went through the process. Just scheduled my assessment. Hoping to pass and move forward in the process. xx FingersCrossed xx

Update: Applied 8/12/2012
Assessment Date 10/24/2012*

Male user cm1020 2 posts

Hey broncofan, Ive been a C/O for almost a year now and I can tell you that it took me over a year from the time I applied until I got my interview. I applied in August 2010 took my assessment in December 2010 and didn’t get a reply for an interview until October 2011. You don’t start CTA (Corrections Training Academy) until after you are hired into an institution. CTA is not hard and it is very interesting. Good luck!

Applied for Ohio Corrections in mid August 2012. Placed DCI and Lebanon on my application. Late August 2012 I received an email stating that I am to wait for an assessment email. My understanding is assessment, fbi check, then institution interview. Is this correct? Can anyone give me an idea of how long to get to the academy and what it is like? xxFingersCrossedXX

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

Sorry, cm1020. I doubt anyone (including the Governor) can answer that question.

Male user cm1020 2 posts

Hi all. I am currently in the waiting process for an interview for C/O. I was scheduled for an interview about a month ago but this hiring freeze took over before I could get hired in. I’m stressed out now because I don’t know when this freeze will end. Is there anyone out there that can help me with finding out more of what is going on and when this freeze might end? Thanks for the help!

Male user tjc50 5 posts

hey mudflap i am still here
just finished 3 mos on the job as a co herein ohio
all is going well
lovin it
to bad the gov wants to f it up for us all

Hi, too many years. Welcome to the zoo.

Our overtime is pretty much constant. We get more transfers than we get new hires, but have had new hires who have worked more than six months before they got their first paycheck with no overtime on it.

Female user too many years 2 posts

We hired a lot of C/Os at the institution I work at,but most are still at the acadamy. It’s interesting,we have a large number of new hires every so often and the overtime dries up a bit, but then within a month or so its back up to where it wa before all the new hires. Does this happen at other institutions?

What happened to you, tjc50?

Yeah, tjc50. It IS exciting. Welcome to the zoo.

Male user tjc50 5 posts

thank you
ya i am pretty excited to start
i start in cta 12/13

Congrats, tjc50. When do you start the academy?

Male user tjc50 5 posts

I was hired yesterday 11/22
I applied back in oct 09 and had several invitations for interviews all over the state.
My family did not want to relocate so I waited untill the institution I wanted was hiring.
They hired me the same day of the interview.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015