>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Inmate entitlement!?!?

Subscribe to Inmate entitlement!?!? 73 posts, 16 voices

Login to reply

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

The big thing here right now is ice. The management gave out extra ice to the inmates when the temperatures were in the 90’s and above. Now that the temps have dropped to the mid and lower 80’s they all still think extra ice is something they should get anyways. I don’t remember anyone coming around asking me if I’d like extra ice when I was slogging my guts out in 100 plus degree heat. Think if our men and women actually working to serve this country can hack it doing real work then some inmates doing nothing but sitting on their racks can too. It’s total BS everytime they get something new for whatever reason its “good lookin out” but soon as its no longer being given it’s “hey I have a right to that you can’t deny it to me”. Total freakin crap.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

I like to remind them as I did today that I have post orders that tell me what I have to do. For me its rounds on less than half an hour intervals, perform 2 shake downs and log them, file all my paperwork, and make sure they are safe and clean. Nowhere in my post do I have to kiss their ass, be their secretary/friend, or even listen to them. Anything I do past my post orders is out of the kindness of my heart.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Yes and I was so tired of hearing inmates say all shift long, “I need this, I need that.” So quite often after a whole shift of those requests I would ask them if they wanted the 11-7 CO to put a mint on their pillow at night…geez..

This gave me a good laugh. One of our inmates in seg recently told two of our newer female officers to let him out of his cell. They told him no, but when they asked what his problem was he told them “I need to walk around and theres nobody to talk to in here”. All I could do was scratch my head and say WTF.

Inmate told us one time, “I need to go to the hospital immediately.” So we asked why and he said, “I broke my leg.” And our reply was, Really and how do you know that your leg is broken? He replied, “I am a doctor.” OMG

LMAO… Do you mean Santos? He hated me with a passion cause I wouldn’t sit there and debate over his property limits and contents of his SC bags. I think the tobacco incident was when I packed up his cell in GP, found loose tobacco in a mushfake container and turned it over to the regular block officer who was helping me. (tobacco was still allowed at the time) Probably wasn’t able to pay his debts after that.

I always loved when an inmate said, “I want to speak to the Captain.” I always repied, “so do I but we have to make an appointment.”

Male user commander 277 posts

I was required to walk all the ranges in the area assigned to me. I usually wrote down talk to your Unit Staff on a piece of paper and then made a bunch of copies. I would then tear each one out and fold it up. WHen an Inmate would stop to complain or ask a question, I would reach in my back pocket, pull out one folded sheet of paper and hand it to them. SOmetimes on third shift at 2am, I would just throw them into cells of the snitches or constant complainers whether they were asleep or not. After a few weeks, they quit asking questions. Guess they got tired of all the notes I was passing them. I had one guy (rantos) who always complained about 2nd shift pack up Officer (irish????), I got tired of his constant crying so the next time he said a Lt. I need to talk to you. I stopped in front of his cell talked quietly with him and then said loudly, “What cell was that tobacco in.” You could have heard a mouse fart after that. He went to the hole the next morning for refusing to lock up from breakfast. Can’t imagine why……

Male user CO34 2 posts

ya always I wanna talk to the Sgt. I say well my sgt is busy but I’ll let him know .But I promise you he’s going to tell you the same thing.And than we go through the circle of the process and my Sgt tells them the same thing I did.Been in the business 9 yrs just found this site.Thank God

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

Usually,in this line of work.you want a favor,you gotta give me something in return……My thing is they got no entlitelment ….they want some,they gotta with me something I can work with…..if not no or yes….

I constantly heard one of two things. First…“I need to see the Sgt.” I always said, well you need to talk to me first before I bother the Sgt. The second demand was: “I need a grievance, right now.” And my reply was what do you want a grievance for?

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Need to steal the idea for that sign from you tho…… that’s good.

YES! I love that! When they say “the other co said I could” I always say well that CO is wrong!

Untitled Slim 57 posts

I used to have a sign on my window that said, “I am not them, they, or the other officer. I said no, and the answer is still no.”

One of my fellow COs always said, “It sucks to be you” right after locking them in their cell..

I love my old favorites.Yes or No,simple and efficient.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

I usually say " Because I can".

“Because we can, you violated a rule so you suffer the consequences.”

Yea I’m not a big one for all the explaining it’s usually, cuz I said so or cuz I said no. Just never really had to explain ourselves in the past it was a given that the C.O. was right.

Yea,all the time.I tell them is my job to explain the rules and is you’re job to ignored them So like commander said I right them down on a piece of paper….I can’t do it anymore,being warn;(…If you can’t read this piece of paper it just meant you fail at reading and compression to ignorant…your’es truly Co…
Favorite reply of theirs is but co so and so let’s us do it… My favorite reply to them is let’s see what will happened if I tell co so and so their favorite inmates just threw him or her under the bus….

Male user commander 277 posts

Before I retired DT, I heard that more and more each day. SO, to combat that problem I did the following: I would ask for a piece of paper from their cell and then write RULE #1 Lt. says so. RULE #2 If in doubt refer back to RULE #1. Usually they would give me the hater look but, they never asked why again. Probably a lot of them notes still in their cells. LOL

and reading my own posts I need to hit spellcheck more often!

Do any of you find yourselves having inmates ask you “Why C.O.?” or having them expect you to explain why you said no 0or did what you did?

Seems to be a growing epidemic around here……..

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015