>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Just Hired

Subscribe to Just Hired 34 posts, 12 voices

Login to reply

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

LOL Augustus. You have it easy. If we get stung for a double shift it’s 24hrs long

Male user Augustus 3 posts

Definitely some comfortable boots. A must. And Irish’s suggestion of a large food-box is a good one, too. Many is the time I’ve been asked to stay for a double but had no food to cover the extra time. 16.5 hours and the last 8 are without food… not. fun.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Get a lunchbox with plenty of room. Being new you’ll probably be pulling some mandated overtime. Only thing that sucks worse than unwanted overtime is unwanted overtime with no food.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Doc Scholes gel inserts. Makes what ever choice stand up to the stone and metal you have to walk/run on.

Male user RCJ 49 posts

Mick is right, good shoes or BOOTS are key, but more importantly get yourself a good key set holder. Losing your keys is one of the quickest ways to get yourself canned.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

The most important thing is a good comfortable pair of Boots/Shoes as Shakey has said. You will be on your feet a lot so it’s in your own interest. Good key holders is a must. One’s that you have to loop your belt through. Don’t worry about all the latest accessories . Stick to just the basics.

Male user Markus2287 4 posts

Thank you for the advice. I’m still finishing out my two weeks at my current job and then I’m into Corrections. It’s a bit of a 180 going from being a Finance Manager at a car dealership to a Correctional Officer in a jail.

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

I would not worry about it, almost all the required gear will be furnished, you just buy the boots or shoes, (most likely black) and make sure they properly fit and are comfortable. Go to a cop shop and get some keepers, key holders, maybe a mini mag light w/carrier. These are just the basics, the rest you will acquire along the way as to what you need.

Me after 20 years, only wear on my belt one keeper to hold my cuffs, key holder, man down and pepper spray case but some I work with load themselves down to everything that can fit on their belt, it’ all up to you.

Male user Markus2287 4 posts

I’ve been following this site for advice for awhile now and was just hired today as a Correctional Officer in a county jail in PA. What kind of gear is typically issued and what kind of expenses will I be looking at? Do you guys recommend any kind of gear in particular? Boots, body armor…etc? Thank you for the advice.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015