Hello, I'm a student specializing in Corrections>>what's your opinion?
Okay, when I said the current model is a failure, I guess I was not clear in my intention. According to the first Corrections class I had, we were taught the original “model” was to be both to punish and reform. By reform, I mean to keep them from coming back. Recidivism seems very very common today ...
Changing Course: Keeping Kids Out of GangsBy NIJ Journal No. 273 - Nancy Ritter, Thomas R. Simon and Reshma R. Mahendra
A new book offers evidence-based principles that can halt the cascading impact of gangs on youth, families, neighborhoods and society at large.
The gang problem in the United States has remained stubbornly persistent over the past decade. Here are the facts:
Also this week:
- February – Juvenile – Coverage of Juvenile programs and projects [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Abraxas Youth & Family Services, a leader in the juvenile justice field, is seeking an experienced manager for a Facility Director position in our Abraxas facility located in Morgantown, PA....
full job posting
- Feb 08, 2014 – The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency - Women’s Reentry Forum
- Feb 20, 2014 – The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency - Citywide Reentry Assembly
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Feb 27, 2014 – DC Office on Returning Citizen Affairs - Reentry Forum- The Breakdown of the Black Family as a Result of Incarcerating Mothers
- Apr 05-08, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 09, 2014 – Antiretroviral Therapy Treatment Update, Online webcast
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- May 01-02, 2014 – 6th Annual Inland Empire Gang Symposium- San Bernadino, CA
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
— Robert Louis Stevenson