Taser in a juvenile correctional facility?>>what's your opinion?
think tasers should be allowed in juvenile corrections. It’s about safety of staff. I work in a juvenile facility that has no less than lethal weapons like taser or o.c. But have murderers, armed robbers, sexual predictors. ....
How to Manage Conflict; Win the Argument While Managing Your Emotions Dalonika McDonald
Early on in my career I received specialized training in Dialogue. This training in communication equipped me for my up-and-coming leadership role AND marriage. There were other training courses which I received on proper forms of communication skill sets where I learned how to turn every dispute, fall out, war and sometimes what felt like an all out verbal assault into a opportunity for advancement.
Also this week:
- March – International – Highlighting corrections systems and personnel worldwide [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) is seeking Security Counselors for multiple openings within the Forensic Treatment Services (FTS) and the MN Sex Offender Program (MSOP) in St. Peter...
full job posting
- Mar 19, 2014 – Broadcast - Realigning Training to Achieve Agency Goals
- Apr 03, 2014 – Health Reform and Criminal Justice: Advancing New Opportunities - Washington, D.C.
- Apr 05-08, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 09, 2014 – Antiretroviral Therapy Treatment Update, Online webcast
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- May 01-02, 2014 – 6th Annual Inland Empire Gang Symposium- San Bernadino, CA
- May 01-02, 2014 – Seattle, WA Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Life is a short day; but it is a working day. Activity may lead to evil, but inactivity cannot lead to good.
— Hannah More