Going from State Prison to County Jail>>what's your opinion?
I too have moved from Prisons to jail work. I have found the environments vastly different. A prison is different because everyone is sentenced, they know pretty much how much time they have to do and they are getting or in a routine. Not much happens in prisons on a daily basis in comparison to jails but when it does I have found those incidents to be far more serious than jails...
Juvenile Solitary Confinement: Modern-Day ‘Torture’ in the US Gary Gately
As a 17-year-old, Michael Kemp says, he felt like a caged animal. For six months, his world was reduced to the size of a Washington, D.C., jail cell measuring maybe 8 feet by 10 feet. During much of his time in solitary confinement, he spent 23 hours a day alone in the cell. “You just like, ‘Man, I feel like an animal in here. I don’t even feel real … where I’m not even a human being,’" Kemp told JJIE. "You don’t feel like a human being."...
Also this week:
- April – Security/Technology – New technology, conferences, managing gangs/threat groups firstname.lastname@example.org]
The Linn County Sheriff's Office is currently building an ongoing eligibility list for Entry Level Corrections Deputy. Testing for this position is available through National Testing Network (NTN)...
full job posting
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- May 01-02, 2014 – 6th Annual Inland Empire Gang Symposium- San Bernadino, CA
- May 01-02, 2014 – Seattle, WA Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jun 21-25, 2014 – National Sheriff's Association Annual Conference and Exhibition - Fort Worth, TX
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. "
– Christopher Columbus