>> what's your opinion?
There are many interpretations of the HIPPA laws. I do know that we are required in fire departments to have every firefighter sign an oath of secrecy with respect to patient confidentiality when we are at a medical emergency. This is specifically stated in a letter from the NYS Dept. of Health quoting the Federal HIPPA Laws. I really think you need to be very cautious about revealing anything regarding inmates as a CO, you certainly do not want to be hauled into Federal court trying to explain why you were talking about an inmate who has AIDS, VD, etc. It is much safer in my opinion to let the nurses and doctors discuss such issues with inmates.Hospitals are very fussy about HIPPA laws, that’s why they will not reveal the condition of any patient outside the knowledge of the family...
view full thread
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life? If so, apply at Management & Training Corporation (MTC). We are a leader in the management and operation of private correctional facilities; and, the 3rd largest private operator of adult correctional facilities in the world. MTC believes in rehabilitation through educational opportunities. MTC maintains a secure, productive and positive work environment and cares deeply about the well-being and the success of both its participants and employees...
>> view full job posting
- Apr 21-25, 2018 - 2018 Conference & Jail Expo
- Apr 21-24, 2018 - Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care
- Apr 30-May 04, 2018 - NAAWS Training Conferences
- May 10-11, 2018 - ILGIA 10TH ANNUAL GANG SYMPOSIUM
- May 17-20, 2018 - ASCA Southern Region Meeting
- Jun 05-07, 2018 - ASCA Western Region Meeting
- Jul 15-16 - Correctional Mental Health Care Conference
- Jul 29-Aug 03, 2018 - 2018 United States Deputy Warden's Association Annual Conference
- Aug 02-05, 2018 - ASCA Summer Conference
- Sept 19-20, 2018 - ASCA Midwest Region Meeting
- Oct 14-17, 2018 - 2018 Women Working in Corrections & Juvenile Justice Conference
- Oct 20-24, 2018 - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
Who has a harder fight than he who is striving to overcome himself.
- Thomas A. Kempis