>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Youth Security Officer Exam

Subscribe to Youth Security Officer Exam 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Hi, if this is a civil service job there probably would be a test and if so write to them asking for an application which should list the qualifications for the job and on the back usually is listed what the test consists of. I’m not sure what training they offer to you but it should be extensive enough so you are cognizant of the responsibilities that you have, what you can and cannot do to defend yourself in case of an attack, backup systems, types of communication devices, etc. I do know one of our correction officers used to be a youth security officer and they forbid them to use physical force. As a result she was injured when a female attacked her and the other officer was not available to back her up. Since then they have changed their policy on self-defense and issued proper training and equipment.

Female user MynorShan 1 post

Hello,

I applied for a position as a Youth Security Officer in Colorado about 6 months ago, and finally heard back, but all I know is that they want me to come in for an exam. I’m just wondering if anyone here can give me any information on what kind of testing it likely is? It was only referred to as the YSO exam, and I can’t find any information online as to what this may entail.

So, for anyone in Juvenile Corrections inside Colorado or not, any pointers as to what I should expect? I’d like to be prepared.

Thanks!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015