>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Kentucky again, this time $2 million saved and $150,000 given

Subscribe to Kentucky again, this time $2 million saved and $150,000 given 4 posts, 4 voices

Login to reply

Female user andy905 6 posts

I am a retired corrections officer, and was the sponsor of a veterans Inmate group.To tell you the thruth, most states dont care, I know, its a shame, but, right now, thats the way that it is. Thanks for caring, I did, Marcus.

Male user MarkC 1 post

Extravagant exec payment and bonuses were believed to be curbed for businesses receiving TARP funding. However, a brand new report by the TARP inspector general has found that is not the case whatsoever. If you do not get a pay raise this year, you can pay for extra things with an “installment loan”:https://personalmoneynetwork.com/installment-loans/

Male user marcus 1 post

I am a retired corrections officer, and was the sponsor of a veterans Inmate group.To tell you the thruth, most states dont care, I know, its a shame, but, right now, thats the way that it is. Thanks for caring, I did, Marcus.

Male user corrections.... 8 posts

I realize this is the second Kentucky story I’ve posted this
month and some of you may be wondering if I live there, but I
don’t. I’m actually a Connecticut girl, but everytime I look up
Kentucky has another somethin’ somethin’ going on.

This time they’ve realized a $2 million/year savings from
helping veterans transition out of prison [aka keeping them from
becoming homeless and cycling back into prison].

This month they were awarded $150,000 in stimulus dollars to
towards program costs. The program is called Second Chance
Veterans Transitional Program, Volunteers of America. It costs
$700-$1,200/veteran and matches them with mentors and resources
to get jobs, housing, etc. So far they have helped 328 veterans
in 3 years.

Would love to hear about some other creative cost savings ideas
in other states. Hope someone will post something.

SOURCE: http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=9996581

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015