>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Use of Chemical Agents

Subscribe to Use of Chemical Agents 62 posts, 8 voices

Login to reply

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Well a small rodent some inmates described it as large as a ground hog. While others said it was a baby mouse or shrew. This poor guy got into a lock and proceeded to flee in terror for about 10 minutes during this time the inmate population screamed like opera singers and throw shoes at it. A few braver ones tried to catch it. But luckily for the mouse it got out the way it came it I guess but since it never was caught or killed for the remainder of the shift I tied a hunk of dark cloth to a string and as the more squeamish walked past yanked the string just to see who had the highest jump.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

I always found cheap entertainment with this stuff, even when the jokes on me. Just makes it all the funnier when someone who was just telling you how he’s such a badass hardened criminal is now screaming like a 10 year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

I do recall when I was in the Philippines at an Air Force warehouse we had a bat hit one of the airmen in the chest while he was riding a bike to get airplane parts. It scared the crap out of him.

Well I know when we catch bats which with most fuzzy things I use laundry bags (they cna breath and it wont hurt the animal much). We cought one and while carring it outside one of our officers is terrified of them. We decided that the bad needed to take a break on his desk while he wasnt looking. When the bat squeeked and flapped a little while we were talkign to him the litterally lept out of his left boot then ran outside of the chow hall and refused to enter his post till we removed the bat. The bat was safely set free and the bag returned to the inmate.

We had a bat fly into the third tier one time flying all over the places scaring the crap out of the inmates. He finally landed on a concrete wall, this was now daytime so we told the inmates to relax that the bats sleep in the day, course that didn’t help calm them down at all.

Had a baby rabbit that a guy was going to plump up. He stored it in a shoe box. I guess he didn’t know they burrow through dirt and clay so a box was a joke. This thing got out and half the lock was on their beds and 3 hillbillies were chasing it down. After 15 minutes I saved the poor thing. I guess no one figured out that if you corner it and then toss a laundry bag on it you can catch it. I had a little buddy till the end of shift before it was given to the wildlife program so it could be released after treatment for PTSD.

That would be funny if a snake actually did show up somewhere. We had a bad skunk problem at LUC, and they would come out and walk around the outside of the cell blocks at night. Couple inmates would feed them till they almost had one climb though a window. Course they all started screaming like a bunch of middle school girls and I don’t think I ever laughed so hard inside the fence before that.

I had one supervisor who had a standard warning for inmates who screamed, banged on the walls disturbing the tiers.He told them, “shhhhh…you’ll wake up the snakes,.” That usually made them shut up for a while and lie on the bunk.

I always told them not to worry, because shit floats.

They fear water just as they do mice. Never seen men who are so afraid of tiny things in my life. Yet these are the guys society fears and shutters away in prisons so they don’t have to deal with them.

Yes we had problems with inmates crying because it was too cold, too rainy in outside recreation so they wanted to come back early. We told them that they cannot come back early from rec, they need to stay outside and brave the weather. Besides, outside recreation is good for them to get fresh air and out of the cell blocks.

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Usually they don’t have a choice but during certain parts of the day the gates are open to allow them to go to recreation. Can’t let the fellas get bored you know.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

When it rains and they want to come in I always tell them that only witches melt, and I only see bitches.

Male user commander 277 posts

DT, that is exactly what I told the Officer and the Inmate making the complaint. My bosses boss didn’t think it was funny and I used to tell him I wasn’t smiling when I told the Inmate or Officer.

Hell I’ve been me for almost 13 years at this institution, I’m not worried about informals. Way I see it they’re like evals, let’s my supes know I’m on th j o b.

Knowing the place you work at dont be surprised if they dont give you hell for doing your job. Those poor guys just wanted out of the rain. Your a mean and bad co who will be drowned in a sea of informal complaints. Welcome to camp snoopy.

Luckily it did.

You let them know you meant business. I have always said, the ones in front don’t want to take it for the ones behind them. Way to handle a situation and prevent a serious critical incident. Probably gained respect from quite a few of them. Glad it turned out in your favor DT.

Had a situation the other day. We are medium security institution, but with the way our prison is designed we run it like a close prison. Well we had 250-300 inmates want to come off the yard when it started sprinkling on ‘em, problem is we call all of our movements. So I got in front of them all and pulled out my MK-4 and told them they needed to go back to the yard. When the ones in front saw the can they didn’t hesitate to turn around. Of course there were some brave ones in the back of the crowd making comments, but the herd had already turned back towards them. Let me know the powor of FOX!

Thankfully I didn’t drop any hershey bars in my shorts so no need to. But it was a real wake up call to exactly how effective one of those devices can be. OC hurts and blurs my vision but never once has it forced me to go down like that thing did.

Alcohol does funny things to a man…. Just sayin’…. Did you clean out your skivvies after that???

I think riding a bull is no comparison to taking a hit with a stun gun. A bull can cause some serious damage, so you got me beat hands down there. I really didn’t put much faith in something not much bigger than a pair of 9 volt batteries to be able to stop a grown man. Well I was wrong, but I wanted to know for sure before she really had to count on it. The alcohol just gave me enough nerve to stand and take it lol.

And people told me I was crazy when I rode bulls in rodeos. Ha Ha. You beat me Irish. Probably a good reason I quit drinking over 20 years ago. I already see myself saying, I aint scared, go ahead and zap me. Take care my dude.

Hahaha… I don’t really think you screwed up so to speak but just be sure not to complain about dinner or anything for awhile. I bought my ex one a few years back, nothing fancy just this tiny lil keychain sized stun gun. Thought it would be good for her to have one for protection. Well as most of us in this career often do the idea to “test” the new equipment soon surfaced. (a few beers might of been involved too) I’m thinking this lil toy couldn’t have much zap, hell it barely makes a spark. So in a retarded moment of macho bravado I told one of my friends (another CO from a different department) to give me a quick ride on the lightning cause I wanted to make sure it worked. Lets just say all 215 lbs of me ended up on the floor and I couldn’t feel my right arm for a few hours.

Sounds like your wife and mine would get along fine Slim. THey have the same mind set. My wife carries her stun gun in her purse also. When I am out with the Probation team shaking down probationers, she walks by herself. Now she has a little yip in her skip. I told her not to get over confident but, if something bad happens, bite, kick scream, scratch and then burn his balls off. Kick him a few more times just for good measure before calling 911. Working on getting her to take the gun course so she can get her CCW. Got a nice liittle 32 palm gun would work great.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015