>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

TSA Pat Downs and X-ray Machines

Subscribe to TSA Pat Downs and X-ray Machines 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Male user Roberto Will... 1 post

I’ve seen too many inmates sneak drugs in by shoving them up their ass, in their hair, in their mouth, swallowing items…. A truly committed person won’t mind shoving a few pounds of explosives and a trigger device up their ass or swallow it. They’re going to die anyway! What would a terrorist care if they had to be uncomfortable for a few hours if it meant eternal pleasure and happiness in heaven as a martyr for their cause!

Female user LadyArkin 9 posts

A few months ago, an arrestee snuck a phone and a charger into our main processing jail by shoving it all up his ass. Yes. You read that correctly. The cell phone and charger were found was because the man was strip searched. We all know that strip searches aren’t 100% effective 100% of the time. The inmate with the cell phone was found out either because someone thought he was moving wrong or someone else snitched. You gotta love the snitches!

The inmate in question was taken to a hospital where an x-ray was performed by medical personnel and then removed by a doctor. No one with a badge tried to go in after it because that would come back on us!!!!

I’ve been trained to search people. Despite the best efforts of my fellow officers and myself patting down, strip searching (when it is called for, appropriate, and allowed), and even drug sniffing dog searches, contraband still gets into the jails. Marijuana, heroin, crack, cell phones, and even weapons (on occasion) do come in.

From first hand experience I can honestly say that a pat down is intimidating to regular people with nothing to hide. It makes them feel nervous, uncomfortable, and even violated. Regular people have little to no experience with the obscenity that is the criminal world. In their white-washed reality, “No one has a right to treat them like a criminal. Criminals should be treated like criminals, not good people.”

This kind of argument takes up back to the Fourth Amendment rights which protect us from “unreasonable searches and seizures.”

The reality is that a real criminal, an institutionalized convict who spends his/her life going in an out of jails and prisons in a never ending revolving door doesn’t really care. If this person sees the potential to gain something, anything, they will take the chance. After all, what’s the worse that can happen. They’ll go to jail? Again? Jail is simply the place that they life in for free. It’s the place where their hommies are. It’s the place that they understand. They can navigate the social structure without problem and easily make a living inside. Gambling, drugs, gang-related activities are all jammed inside of four walls that make them feel very safe.

The inmates that I deal with on a daily basis are quick, so brazen about doing things that it boggles the mind, and they don’t care. They don’t care about consequences. They don’t care if they hurt another person. They don’t care what happens to them…just like certain terrorists.

The criminal of yesterday was a career criminal. He did his time and then left so he could get back to doing what he did best. He earned a dishonest living, but he lived by a certain code to his profession. We all know that today’s inmate is younger, dumber, and more willing to kill for ANY reason. Most of these inmates are the 80’s babies, born drug addicted or into living situations where violence is all they understand.

I’ve had as many as three teenagers in my unit, under 18 years of age up on serious charges that ranged from drugs to murder, who were being tried as adults.

The ionizing x-ray machines can’t be used universally on all persons without 1) violating rights. Anyone has the right to refuse medical attention and the privacy to their own body. Each machine is reported to be able to save up to 40,000 images to be done so at the discretion of the TSA. There seem to be legal questions as to whether or not blasting people with raditaion without a warrant is legal since it is a new technology and the law doesn’t always catch up immediately with the world in which we live in. And 2) potentially harming persons with established medical conditions. I know someone who was exposed to severe radiation in the Army; no way that it’s safe for him to go through one of those machines on an ongoing basis since ionizing radiation (See story here: http://www.naturalnews.com/028…airport_scanners.html), even at low doses, can cause significant damage over time to a person’s DNA. This kind of damage can cause canger and a lot of other health problems.

If the x-ray machines can’t be used universally and if it’s illegal to apply strip searches across the board for those who refuse, then what exactly is the point of the pat downs? I know first hand that pat downs are highly flawed searched techniques. And to top it all off, now there is a concern that TSA employees aren’t changing thier gloves and potentially contaminating the general public. ( Read about it here: http://naturalnews.com/030495_TSA_infectious_disease.html)

The clumsy point that I’m trying to make is this, pat downs in a high-risk security situation will only deter the most stupid or amatur of criminals. A terrorist who is willing to kill themselves for their cause, will not be deterred by a pat down. Most common criminals aren’t deterred by pat downs. Why would a suicidal terrorist who has nothing to loose stop because they are going to be patted down?

I’ve seen too many inmates sneak drugs in by shoving them up their ass, in their hair, in their mouth, swallowing items…. A truly committed person won’t mind shoving a few pounds of explosives and a trigger device up their ass or swallow it. They’re going to die anyway! What would a terrorist care if they had to be uncomfortable for a few hours if it meant eternal pleasure and happiness in heaven as a martyr for their cause!

Inmates do this kind of thing everyday for a lot less.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015