>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

TDCJ

Subscribe to TDCJ 7 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Best of luck then. Be yourself. Follow P&P. Dont sleep with inmates. Dont bring them in ANYTHING. Listen and learn.

Male user pamppu 6 posts

I am permanent resident so that should not be a problem. TDCJ you need to a citizen of the U.S., or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. Im going to Correctional Officer Screening in two weeks so i will find out soon.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Most state entities won’t touch you even with a work visa. They have to put a lot of money into you in training before they can let you loose on a compound. They won’t want to do that till they know you might not get deported when your visa is up.

Male user Squeeze 135 posts

You may still run into that problem where ever you go that is managed by a local,county or state entity. However some of the states that have privately managed facilities may not have that hiring requirement. CCA, Wakenhut etc…

Male user pamppu 6 posts

Florida. But originally from Finland and not being citizen yet i cant be co in Florida. So im working with juveniles now. Pay is way less.

Male user Squeeze 135 posts

From where? Remember, is the grass any greener on the other side?

Male user pamppu 6 posts

Comments? Feedback? Experiences? Thinking of relocating to Texas.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015