>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Any advice?

Subscribe to Any advice? 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Male user swannyj 2 posts

you will still have a lot of one on one contact…my facility is open bay bunks, and offenders can walk right up to unit offices…as long as you remember that you are there not to be their friend or buddy, that if policy states that they have certain things coming to them and certain things not…and learn how to tell them no…you will do just fine…offenders have day and night to figure how they will game you…dont fall for any tricks, and you will do fine…dont believe most of what they say, and view what they say through an idea of what are they trying to achieve by this…sounds cynical…but it will serve you well

Female user cenasgurl23 5 posts

I have an interview for a Unit Caseworker position at a prison in Nebraska on Monday..This job would not involve the same kind of contact as a CO, but I still would be faced with situations. I have degrees in Criminal Justice and Psychology, but am horrible at interviews. Anyone have any suggestions about how to answer questions regarding corrections? Like how to handle unruly/angry inmates? Suicidal inmates? etc…I have no idea what they will ask me though.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015