>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Time Off...

Subscribe to Time Off... 4 posts, 4 voices

Login to reply

Female user Treh 4 posts

I have several things I love to do when I’m not working. I am the chaplain for my local FOP so at times that keeps me very busy, especially since we have had several of our members or their loved ones pass this year. I am also a member of my local chapter of the Blue Knights motorcycle club. I got married almost 7 months ago so I’m also in the process of trying to wade through all of our stuff so we can consolidate what we want to keep and then have a yard sale to rid ourselves of duplicate items (its a pain to combine two households into 1). And when he goes, I follow my hubby to the drag strip to watch him race and to cheer him on.

When I’m not working and when I’m not running here or there for the organizations I belong to, I like taking rides on my motorcycle with my husband, although we do not ride on the same bike together (he just recently began riding and is not permitted to have a passenger until he gets his actual motorcycle license and there is no way he’s riding b*tch on my bike!). We also have 2 fur babies that are more spoiled than most children I know. When we can coordinate our vacation days and when money allows, we also love to travel, particularly to Gatlinburg or Mexico (this year we gave up our trip to Mexico to pay for a fence for the boys).

Sgm Sergeant Major 53 posts

I work on my ’63 Buick Wildcat, and do yard work. I enjoy cruisin around in my Landyacht. Kept me busy for 5 years now just finding parts. I also refinish and restore old furniture.

Female user Best Jail.com 6 posts

Wow I’m impressed with the officer that does the blankets. I may learn to do that myself for our hospital. I think thats the best hobby I’ve seen yet. It has so much meaning. I really don’t do a lot on my days off except help with my grand kids. I do have 8 of them and one son has 4 so he always need me on one of my days off. I love to travel which I try to do at least twice a year, a cruise, a trip to Vegas something like that. I plan on taking me a 7 day cruise by myself or with my daughter. When I go with the girls I be needing a vaction from a vaction. I also like watching my favorite television shows while surfing the net. I also take online classes for my BA in Social Services. Thats about it…….

Male user corrections.... 8 posts

How do you spend your time off? What are your hobbies, interests or dreams? We’ve gotten some great responses… Here are a few…

Officer Tom King – My off duty time is comsumed as a Community Emergency Response volunteer with the Alabama State Defense Force (sdf.alabama.gov), an organization that trains with, and when needed, assist Alabama National Guard units, Law Enforcement agencies, and other Public Service organizations, including the American Red Cross providing safety, protection, and emergency support to the citizens of Alabama during disasters and peaceful events.The Alabama State Defense Force is a non-paid volunteer group authorized by the Governor of Alabama; and when activated, follows the instructions of the Adjutant General of the Alabama Army National Guard, when National Guard units are deployed.

C/O L. Brugos: DOC; Virginia – I thought it would be neat to share my off time hobbies. Walking when ever I can fit it it—(even off days can be very busy doing errands). Love to read/go to the library too. Most recently I have gotten involved with some local volunteers who crochet preemie baby blankets for various places in the state. Have learned thru doing this project that there are many places that do have many preemies born and also sometimes babies who for health reasons/whatever-unforntunatelyu don’t make it….. sometimes the blankets can become a keepsake for the family if neccessary. Also many stores do not always carry the smaller blankets for preemies. It is very relaxing to crochet things like this and also to know you can be of help to someone’s family whether you know them or not. I have made about 6 blankets and also a few preemie hats in the last 2 months or so.. When you go to the store to the crafts dept—there is such an assortment of colors to choose yarn from—you can get alot of great ideas—not just basic pink or blue for babies. Perhaps this will inspire some readers to start crochet projects of their own. Something handmade is always meaningful and appreciated by those who are receiving it.

Ian Tomkinson – I spend my spare time flying in my new aerochute.

Jeanne Linn – I play pool on a pool league. That is my destressor. I also do online college, (almost have my bachelors), so I need a day or so to play. I play on two different teams and play eight and nine ball. I’m not very good but am learning a lot from my teammates. Next I want to learn to ride a motorcycle. I am 56 and life is short!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015