>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Job Shadowing

Subscribe to Job Shadowing 9 posts, 5 voices

Login to reply

Male user r4839a 4 posts

Shakey,

Do you know someone that I could contact with your Department, that could send me the Pace Program for review.

Flag shakey 191 posts

In Ohio we have the PACE Program just for that. Say you would like to see what being a Case MAnager does and if it’s the job for you, you put in the paperwork if it gets approved to meet your mentor and once a month you work with that person for about 6 months. With the economy the way it is here I don’t think they are doing it anymore, don’t know for sure though but iit was for current Ohio state works only.

Male user r4839a 4 posts

There is a difference between Job Shadowing and OJT. We already have OJT but we are looking at some different options. Like if that individual thinks about going for a promotion or a different job classification and reliazes after Job Shadowing they do not really want to do that job.

Male user cooler king 6 posts

In Texas, to become a Sgt. you have to attend an Sgt’s Academy. But for shadowing, I’m not really sure.

Female user January 1 post

You keep saying shadowing, it is called On the Job Training (OJT)… There are many ways to do this, the best way is to go over policy and to make a list of things the promoted needs to know, basically a check list… this way there is evidence in their file regarding just exactly what the training consisted of.

Male user r4839a 4 posts

Thanks again for the info. Does anyone doing any job shadowing for promotion. For example if a Sgt. wants to become a Lt. That person can shaddow the Lt. and learn the and know what to expect before testing.

Male user cooler king 6 posts

In Texas, you go through an OJT training at the unit for 15 days and you are shadowed by unit mentors. After OJT, you are assigned to a shift and you are shadowed a couple of more days before they let you work by yourself.

Male user jrhwick 1 post

Try contacting NIC for their OJT training program. Indiana went to their format and it seemed to increase awareness and raise the quality of their training for both new employees and employee annual training requirements. You will find that there should be no difference in the training of part time and full time officers.

Male user r4839a 4 posts

I have been asked to do some research on procedures for job shadowing and part-time Corrections Officers. Does anyone have anything on this that could help me in my search.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015