>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

which shoes or boots?

Subscribe to which shoes or boots? 43 posts, 22 voices

Login to reply

Male user norton.com/s... 1 post

Thank you .

Male user Pico14 2 posts

I am also started working out in the gym and when I needed to purchase the gear, I got my sister’s help. She had suggested Adidas shoes and running bare Yoga sets because they are of best quality and she is using these brands for a long time. Even my experience with their stuff has been amazingly.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Slim is right, patent leather shoes are meant for parades, not working in a prison. I do recommend keeping an older pair of boots while you work into a new pair. Switch off every few days to give your feet a rest. It takes a long time for the leather to soften.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

I would agreed with slim.Comfortable is a plus…On your feet 8 hours ,you will want a boot that’s easy on your feet.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

I wouldn’t buy any patent leather or any boots that are supposed to stay shiny without polish. They don’t breath and hurt your feet, not to mention give you stinky feet. Putting a little polish on your boots will be better than suffering a long shift with uncomfortable boots. Trust me.

Horn toad Transporter 41 posts

I have had a pair of SWAT brand boots for about two or three years (can’t remember due to old age…mine. lol) I love em!They are light weight and comfortable. They show very little signs of wear even after all this time.

Male user saabo 1 post

I really love my Ridge Air-Tac’s. If you have heel spurs or just tired feet these give relief. Plus I went thru many boots till I found some that did not cut into the top of my heels after being in a control room .

Untitled Slim 57 posts

The regulations don’t really say why you can’t wear steel toe boots. I have always assumed that the department is more worried about the inmates getting hurt by the boots than the staff getting hurt by an inmate stomping on our foot. But that is just my assumption.

How do you guys protect your foot.To me foot protection and body vest a plus in our line of work.We are not allowed to wear padded gloves,pads protecting knuckles……My boots,Bates,I had for 3 years,as long as I shine my boots they last a long time.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

We are not allowed to where steel toed boots, or even Army jump boots because they look steel toed.

I liked my Bates with the zipper on the side,steel toes,is just my opinion.Water proof is a plus especially when entering a flooded cell ,urine and feces all over.
I had 5 11,they are good too!

Male user commander 277 posts

Rocky Alpha Force, tie up, calf high. Love them. They hold a good shine and are extremely comfortable. Good tactical boots also.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

I have tried many boots, but I think the most comfortable boots I’ve ever had were the Addidas boots. I ordered them online from Quartermaster. They are a little expensive though, and didn’t last much longer than regular boots. Most of the time my boots seem to break or tear loose from the seems, and then I don’t have time to order online. In those case I usually just by the cheap Magnums with the side zipper from Big 5. They are about $30, and are usually comfortable enough after you break them in.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Bates or Rocky are good boots. I did like the side zipper because it was easier to get your boots on, especially with a wide arch like mine. Sometimes the ankle boots are good for duty and other times I liked the full lace up Army style boot for support. BTW…lysol works wonders for daily spraying of the boots…

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Yes I know this thread is old as the dirt on a prison toliet but I prefer Danners

41153535 61942244 Igoturback 25 posts

I Love My Rocky’s

Male user Afrobob 18 posts

Corcorans are reasonably comfortable but they’re kind of hard to fit. They are incredibly light for boots though which is nice and they last forever. I’ve had a pair for almost 7 years now. I just replace the insole and keep on trucking. I also have a pair of SWAT brand boots with the air cushion sole. These are quite simply, the most comfortable boot I’ve ever warn. The only problem is that after a year, the leather is cracking quite severely.

Male user muskrat72 11 posts

Admins please apply a filter to prevent advertising spam like this. It is going to ruin your site.

Flag shakey 191 posts

this site is having problems with posting I think, this is just a test run

100 5886 Sarge276 45 posts

Amazingly this ad is actually appropriate for this thread… Only took him half the forum to find it.

Male user Sniper7310 14 posts

I swear by the Rocky Alpha Force with zippers. First boot that I have not had to put gel inserts in which is amazing with our concrete floors. Last about 2 years 3 if I really keep up on them.

Oavatar351622fb5 Saint 1 post

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1434ef2&DeptID=70732&CatID=71816&SO=0&SelDim=8%7e702&x5view=1&Ne=702+5+3+23+14+1037+1031+18+904+949+833&shopperType=G&N=4294953480+286&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70732|71816

These are great for institutional use. They are comfortable, and the slip resistance is one of the most important things to consider when purchasing for this type of duty. Slip resistance marked “Oil/water” is what you need to look for when purchasing boots.

Sgm Sergeant Major 53 posts

I use the 5.11 boot. As with all boots that I’ve worn I put gel insoles in them no matter what. I also use a cushioned sole sock (which I turn inside out). Speaking from past experience (the Army) the sock part wicks away sweat from the foot and provides that extra comfort. Army boots just weren’t all that comfortable.

Flag shakey 191 posts

We here in Ohio can’t wear NIKE’S, we are boycotting them because they sponser Lebron James, Same with McDonalds and Bubblelicious oh and Miami Heat..

Male user illuminati 3 posts

most people in my facility wear the nike black airmax boots. they are very comfortable and very durable. great for posts that require a lot of walking.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015