>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

equipment you wear

Subscribe to equipment you wear 4 posts, 4 voices

Login to reply

Male user kelsey0504 3 posts

I work in a small county facility and only wear my cuffs, a mini mag and a key ring… Usually wear the cuffs on my weak hand toward the back and the mag on the strong hand since I’m more apt to need that than the cuffs… Also keep the key ring on my front strong hand for accessibility…
Also use full leather for it’s much sturdier than the velcro thanks to the buckle..

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

“Whatever works for you” would be my answer. A lot of the officers at my joint have gone to the velcro but I still wear basket weave leather. I distribute the tools of the trade evenly, but have my radio on my weak side and my cuffs on my strong side. (When I was in law enforcement I wore my cuffs on my weak side because I sometimes needed them while holding a firearm or holding someone down. With other officers close by that isn’t such an issue now.) In my way of thinking every thing else basically just needs to be available, so it doesn’t matter too much if I have to reach across my body to get to something. Comfort is trumped only by accessibility.

100 5886 Sarge276 45 posts

Try a duty belt that has velcro backing with a velcro trouser belt. Adjust it tight and use at least 4 belt keepers. Space the belt keepers out evenly. Worked for me.

Srt misc 266 Striker 34 posts

I was wondering that with all the equipment that is worn for CO’s, how do you adjust it so it is comfortable during a shift? I personaly try distrabuting the weight evenly so i’m not so lopsided..any response would be very helpful.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015