>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Anyone in Maryland?

Subscribe to Anyone in Maryland? 8 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Female user MDprospect2011 5 posts

good lookin out! Thanks!!!

Male user sammydog 4 posts

Baltimore County has Correctional Officer positon open…closing date for the application is 10/14/11 at 4:30pm and it must be completed online.

think you should apply to both..the county is better of the two..the earlier you apply there the better.

Do you think I should apply to the DPCS in the city, work for a few years and then try with the County then?

the wait..the requirements aren’t too bad..if you are a current corrections officer it does make it easier sometimes. usually there are only 5-10 openings at a time and 500+ applicants

You mean the wait or the requirements?

The county would be you best bet, though it is harder to get into.

New here, looking for some connections in Maryland. I want to relocate from Philadelphia to Baltimore in January and have researched both the Baltimore County Corrections and the department of Corrections and Protective Services. This would be a completely new career for me. I’m not afraid and looking forward to the challenge, however I want to know the difference between the two before mentioned departments, why does the county pay almost five thousand dollars more to start, and what would be an easier environment to start in, city jail or state facility? Thanks for your help!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015