>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Working a double tonight with plenty of time to post! Sorry....

Subscribe to Working a double tonight with plenty of time to post! Sorry.... 21 posts, 6 voices

Login to reply

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

Thanks Jamestown.I back the officers on the units no matter what,I have inmates come to me to argued about how the officer runs their unit.I tell them don’t bother.The officer’s unit,you disagreed,you get your chance later to talked to the Sgt or Lt,or just get you’re property ready,lockout.
Just this month 3 got caught doing dumb crap,one civilian,and two officers,I back the guys up but I used to keep my distance.rarely did I socialize with anyone at work or outside the job but things are changing since I transfer.Instead of do the job and go home,I emphasis teamwork.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Be careful, back your fellow officers in a fight or problem, always tell the truth and be professional. Stay safe.

Starting to be more of a team player now….Working with a good staff is a plus but still careful…I work a unit last night and I have a chance to work with a pretty good rookie got 2 years. Told him I carry myself with confidence but I always keep my eyes and hears open,you never quite learning until you retired.
We talked about corruption and I told him is difficult at times on who you can trust,but be alert….Don’t let Anyone put your job in jeopardy better to have a job them lose one because you are concern about you’re buddies who apparently don’t mind putting your job on the line.

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Simply put we are professionals earning a professional wage. If you screw up or want to misuse force then it’s on you, don’t try to drag me down with you. I am not perfect and I too make mistakes, but I own all of them to a fault and would never expect anyone to cover for me. Sadly I’ve seen officers go down with “their dudes”. I love my girl and my children and the lifestyle this job allows me to have, I’d like to keep it that way.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

It’s too bad you had to transfer. The sad thing is that we have all done things in the heat of battle. The officer may have lost his temper and struck the inmate. Had he just informed his supervisor, and written the report, he might have gotten a write up, or maybe lost a little money for awhile, but he would have kept his job. Instead he chose to put both himself and his partners in a bad situation. You either tell, and be shunned by your peers, or take the chance of losing your job for not reporting it. I have made many mistakes in my career, and have gotten a few write ups, but I always felt it was best to just admit you screwed up, and ask for mercy. I would hate to see my partners take the fall for my mistakes.

True Slim.I have a saying"I will cover your behind but I won’t led you put my job on the line.Before I transfer I was basically do my 8 hours and go home.I when from I team player to am individual,"I am not here to make friends so lets just put our differences aside.
My new jail,well in a year my attitude has change.We learn from each other.i might know something that can help you do you’re job or you might know something that can help me do my job better…
We have a few.I keep my eye on them….I like my job,hell love it.The transfer was a good thing for me….We do a thankless job so when you can learn from others it makes our job easier…..Good advice on top of some good hot wings and beer…is a plus.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

My rule has always been, talk to the officer and convince him that the best thing to do is to report the offense himself. Explain to him the consequenses of not reporting it. When that doesn’t work, you explain to him that you have a family to feed, and that if he does not report it, then you will have to. Let him know that if he is selfish enough to jepordize your job and income, then you feel no obligation to protect him or his income.

Jamestown after I graduated the academy I have a notion that the job was about teamwork .us vs the inmates.Eye opening experience the first 3 years.I always came to work with a sense of fear but I could control it.Just hated not all those that when the other way.Example.it happened on my first code,fight.we got the inmate cuff,he was a pain in the ass.We have two cell unit and knucklehead never wanna a cell mate.Just a pain,I always worry that I might do something stupid,but I was surprised when one of the officers who I have respect for punch him in the face after being cuff.Got between them.Explain to the supervisor,we needed to talked in the office…..I got a bad reputation from some of the officers after the incident but my rule was"You are going to get fire I’m not.

Canus I believe Commander would agree with me. If you see a fellow CO beating any inmate that shouldn’t be done, report it right away to your supervisor, there is no room in corrections for abusing inmates, we need to be professional at all times.

I never no who I can depend on the job,coward to rat;he beat the crap out of the convict…..friends are hard to come by in this profession but when we do ,whose buying the first round….

Oh I would settle for a banana creme pie anytime…

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

I’m still heartbroken that KFC quit making those boneless barbeque wings…. Someone get mental health and a team… I feel a personal crisis coming on.

Hot wings,beer,and pecan pie it all sounds good…..it beats the plain vanilla envelope with…..new am administrator back in the days..took care of his troops but was shady about certain things."you want your job back is going to …….
I will take beer,hot wings and pecan pie,love a piece.

Male user commander 277 posts

Don’t drink but, the hot wings do sound good. While we are at it, how about some pecan pie. Now that would be great.

PBR and hot wings….. mmmm

Untitled Slim 57 posts

As long as you buy the beer after work.

For those of you here that are new…. Us older guys really like it when you bring us in food. Hot wings usually earn you some pretty decent praise. ;)

What I love about this website is I get to hear other opinions.A lot of the post are type by officers with years of experience that can be a benefit to those of us that are new……….

Agree with both of you. I try to get on every other day when I am not doing my website for the fire police, fire department calls or watching my granddaughter. With our experiences we can certainly guide other officers so they do their jobs professionally.

Male user commander 277 posts

I, too, wish more people would become active on this website. From the few I hear from, it is great to swap stories, give advice and get advice. Need more people on here to get this thing rolling. Take care and be safe.

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Just putting it out there and warning everyone. It would be nice if there was more traffic on here, but oh well.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015