>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

The Concerns of Inmates

Subscribe to The Concerns of Inmates 28 posts, 13 voices

Login to reply

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

I’m not sure what was funnier, the actual article or the 50 responses by the same guy. Laughed so much I think I might of crapped my pants. At this rate I’d say in another 10 years being an inmate will be looked at as a career choice like a lawyer or politican. Not really much different anymore anyways.

Sadly this is just the tip of the problem of why the prison system is broken, thanks to the liberals. Like a neutered dog it just hasn’t got any balls left.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

Jamestown,good post..only time I recommended am inmate out of my unit was because he was a threat to himself or he owed..idiot got into debt or he was a crip among bloods example……Inmates want to move they gotta gived me a very good reason,life or death situation…sadly Jamestown those days are gone…new administration,we have to be in tune with the concerns of the inmates……, Like I told one of the Nuckleheads a few years back,“What am I running here,a hotel”.Is a prison……

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

I hope you are sitting down when you read my reply to this latest article on this website. This obviously was written by someone who has never been a CO. Here is my reply to his article:
“I wrote my own article similar to what this discussion is. Empathy and Sympathy. As an officer you can always show empathy towards an inmate which acknowledges what their issues are and that you understand. What correction officers (and police officers) cannot do is show sympathy toward an inmate (suspect). Once you show sympathy you get into their personal lives which is not what officers are trained to do nor should they be doing that. Inmates are great manipulators. They have 24 hours a day to think of ways to goof with the officers. Inmates will lie, cheat and steal without a second thought to the consequences. As for moving an inmate from one unit to another because he or she doesn’t like it in that particular block we don’t do that. If we move one inmate you will end up moving 10 more because they will whine they want to move. Some of these moves are dangerous because they will ask for a particular area of a facility where an enemy is to attack them. Officers are not allowed to recommend any inmate to a rehab program, that is not our job. The rehab is handled by civilian personnel who are trained in that specialty.”

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015