>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Looking For Advice

Subscribe to Looking For Advice 7 posts, 6 voices

Login to reply

Female user Sarge 9 posts

If you go to USAJOBS, all Federal jobs are listed, with the requirements needed. Corrections officers have a maximum age of 36.

Female user Writing Prof 2 posts

You might ask someone to look over the application for you: consider word choice, even spelling, etc. Make that resume and application as professional as possible.

Female user lock 1 post

i was a federal officer i was at fci dublin i was a state correctional officer in florida i applied in may and was hired in october and was given a report date for dec so i think the key is to relocate if the institutions that are need are not close to your home now i do know other officer who have been trying for years but are not willing to relocate good luck to you the last time i heard the hire age was no older than 37 with good credit and a least 4 yrs of correction or that filed or a degree in what i dont recall

Male user Alex 16 posts

Cut off dates for applicants with corrections experience seems a bit silly. Maybe for those with no law enforcement background. Then again up here in Canada it is illegal to give age cut offs.

There are some advantages to hiring mature applicants, besides any experience they might bring. Many of them will have established families already and often see this as a second career to take them to retirement .Meaning lower turn over than those younger guys who might be restless and just leave to try something else or move to policing or something else.

Female user Sarge 9 posts

When I called Alderson I was told if I was over 35 to not even apply. That is their cut off age and they had a 2 year waiting list of applicants.

Male user commander 277 posts

Never worked Federal but, a friend of mine does. He says to tell ya that you need to list any and all training you have. Any prior Military service. List all weapons you qualify with. Any volunteer service and any foreign languages you speak and read fluently. Hope that helps. I am sure someone on here can give you better advice.

Male user Officerfromt... 1 post

Hey everyone I am new to this site. I am a Corrections officer and glad to have found this site. I am wanting to know if there is any Federal Corrections Officers out there that would be willing to give me some advice as to what to look for when applying to a Federal Prison. I have been trying to apply for the last two years and I can’t seem to get their attention. I have been a CO for the state of new mexico for the last four and feel I have some good experience under my belt. Is there any officers out there that have worked for a federal prison that could give me some tips. What do they look for what can I do to enhance my resume? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

COfromthesouth.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015