Job Description New Search
|Job Category:||Food Service - Nutrition|
|Job Title:||Manager, Food Service|
|Hiring Organization:||St. Louis County Government|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiable based on qualifications, experience and education.|
|Description:||Positions in this job classification are responsible for planning and overseeing the food service operations for a large correctional institution to ensure compliance with federal, state and local governmental regulations.
Position is responsible for a 1.6 million dollar budget which includes preparation of over one million inmate meals per year
1) Ensure that our food service operation complies with ACA standards for accreditation.
2) Administer a food service operation by developing and implementing program goals, ensuring nutrition, security, sanitation safety and cost and ensuring food quality.
3) Manage a kitchen staff of eight cooks, one lead cook and two shifts of inmates (25 per shift); use early intervention, including coaching, progressive discipline and on-going performance feedback; promote team work and conduct performance appraisals
4) Establish system for requisition and inventory of food supplies; oversee use of USDA commodities; maintain records of meals served; ensures sufficient food for inmates and staff; develop menus that adhere to special diets
5) Provide staff training and oversee tasks associated with preparing food using specialized food preparation techniques;
6) Develop training for new inmate workers on issues such as hygiene, safety, and emergency procedures
7) Develop procedures to monitor waste; maintain federal and state compliance with regard to stock rotation, expiration dates and perishables
8) Develop and coordinate purchases with fiscal services to stay within budget; maintain the food budget by tracking cost per meal and monthly expenditures; assist in yearly budget preparation
9) Maintain statistics on food cost.
Seven years experience in large scale institutional cooking including managerial experience.
Serve Safe Certificate will be required within 90 days of hire
|Special Instructions:||HOW TO APPLY: Applicants interested in applying for this position should visit our website at www.stlouisco.com/personnel/jobsearch or apply in person at St. Louis County Government, Division of Personnel located at 41 S. Central 7th Floor, Clayton, MO 63105. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY:|
|Additional Online Information:||www.stlouisco.com|
|Contact Information:|| Carla Johnson
Huamn Resources Generalist
41 S. Central , 7th Floor
Clayton , Missouri United States
Click to email
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT