||SEX ADDICTION COUNSELOR / THERAPIST
This position will be responsible for conducting assessments and providing treatment, i.e., classroom work, assigning homework, group therapy and individual therapy to sex offenders based on the Responsible Living Treatment Program, Medlin Training Institute, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and the New Mexico Corrections Department (NMCD) directives. Among other duties, this position will:
Master’s degree in counseling or related field and New Mexico Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Mental Social Worker (LMSW) licensure required, Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) preferred. Valid driver’s license in the State of New Mexico or the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Conduct initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments using the approved assessment tools to include psychological tests, clinical interviews and other techniques designed to define treatment goals and strategies for inmates/detainees.
- Design a specific treatment plan for inmates/detainees based on their specific needs, risk factors and current assessment, incorporating learning objectives and objective standards for each of the modules in the Medlin curriculum.
- Conduct family counseling and/or individual counseling as appropriate based on treatment goals outlined during the initial assessment.
- Identify and outline areas which warrant attention and outline measurable and understandable goals in order to help inmates/detainees learn to reduce and manage risk.
- Demonstrate to others the rationale for interventions provided and key decisions made throughout the course of treatment.
- Regularly evaluate inmate/detainee’s progress and complete a monthly progress report.
- Provide recommendations for successful completion of the program.
- Design a post-treatment plan with inmates/detainees to prepare for release and reintegration into the community. Complete a Treatment Summary prior to the inmate/detainee’s release.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when appropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates/detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
POST HIRE REQUIREMENTS
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.