Provides psychiatric social work services to an adult inmate population in a fast paced environment, provides clinical consultations to staff and others, and assists with mental health related program development. The position is located in the Ada County Sheriff's Office, Health Services Department.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Conducts bio-psycho-social and risk assessments to determine inmates' need, and eligibility for, services and level of care;
- Schedules evaluations and explains services to clients;
- Provides clients with crisis intervention services and individual counseling as needed;
- Promotes client self-determination by addressing special needs of the client;
- Participates in interdisciplinary team staffing to formulate treatment plans;
- Recommends need for designated examiner evaluations;
- Identifies and teams with other community resource agencies to design, coordinate, and provide client assistance and intervention;
- Takes action to reduce risk to clients upon discharge from facility by organizing emergency, crisis intervention, and after-hours on-call services; and
- Conducts on-going suicide risk assessments and implements crisis interventions accordingly.
- Assists with recruitment, hiring and training of social work staff;
- Serves on committees, as requested; and
- Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
- A Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university;
- Must be a licensed Social Worker (LMSW) in the state of Idaho;
- Possession of a valid license in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) is preferred;
- Knowledge of correctional work environment;
- Knowledge of program development and needs assessment;
- Knowledge of systems theory and background;
- Working knowledge of the use of psychiatric medications;
- Working knowledge of DSM-IV TR;
- Skill in creating a respectful atmosphere;
- Skill in developing rapport with clients;
- Skill in making correct assessments and implementing treatment plans;
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of agencies within the community;
- Ability to maintain strong professional boundaries with an inmate population;
- Ability to plan and organize work;
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulations;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to develop and sustain collaborative working relationships with other members of the Sheriff's Office staff and work as part of a team to accomplish agency goals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Preference may be given to those applicants with knowledge of or experience in correctional settings;
- Must be willing to work a variety of hours including weekends;
- Must pass an oral examination, polygraph examination, credit and background check prior to hire;
- Must adhere to the Code of Ethics for Ada County Sheriff's Offices and the NASW Code of Ethics.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ccyx2c2
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment in a jail setting and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
- Position frequently requires a combination of sitting and standing to accomplish tasks and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.; and
- Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.