Reviews and processes all court commitments for individuals sentenced to serve county or state jail time; meets with sentenced individuals to determine whether the person is eligible for Work Release, Sheriff's Labor Detail (SLD), Sheriff's Community Service (SCS), Electronic Monitoring (EM), or straight or interim/weekend jail time; generates affidavits for noncompliance of individuals sentenced to serve straight time or participate in programs; assists in the placement management of sentenced individuals to improve compliance to sentencing requirements, and performs related duties as required. This position is located in the Ada County Sheriff's Office, Court Services Bureau, and the Ada County Courthouse.
- Maintains section records and logs covering sentenced individual statistics and revenues;
- Manages sentenced individuals who are enrolled in SLD or SCS programs and reschedules or reassigns sentenced individuals to another Alternative Sentencing Program if appropriate;
- Completes daily appointments, enrolls sentenced individuals in programs, and prepares necessary files and cards;
- Assists sentenced individuals in completion of their court order using case management tools;
- Collects fees and monitors space availability for various Alternative Sentencing Programs;
- Communicates by telephone, letter, report, and affidavit with the commitment deputy, judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and probation and parole officers about individuals who fail to complete programs;
- Works directly with the courts to resolve commitment issues;
- Receives verification and records of time for individuals who are either serving time out-of-county on an Ada County commitment or serving time in Ada County on an out-of-county commitment;
- Receives Judgments of Conviction and processes all required paperwork;
- Schedules all sentenced individuals with straight time as ordered by Magistrate and District Court;
- Maintains files for affidavits and when required, appears in court to testify to the affidavit; and
- Acts as liaison for SCS providers to provide information and resolve issues;
- Assists jail reentry case managers with transition plans for individuals transitioning from the jail to serve remaining time in the community.
- Checks and completes paperwork and signs-in individuals;
- Performs simple bookkeeping duties related to inmate banking and commissary accounts;
- Testifies in court, as needed, in regard to affidavits filed for non-compliance;
- Performs related functions as required.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must have a basic understanding of the alternative sentencing concept as it relates to the community and the jail setting;
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation, and business arithmetic;
- Skill in the use of a personal computer;
- Ability to effectively obtain and provide information verbally with willing and reluctant persons;
- Ability to take criticism and verbal abuse from sentenced individuals and their visitors without reacting in a negative manner;
- Ability to perform simple bookkeeping procedures;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing;
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Ability to perform the duties of this position without a direct threat to the health or safety of the incumbent or others.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must appear before an oral board and successfully complete a polygraph and background investigation prior to entrance on duty;
- This position has been designated safety sensitive and therefore the incumbent is subject to random drug testing.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wbv979y
- Most of the work is performed in and around a correctional facility and involves an element of personal danger;
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.;
- Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.