||GENERAL SUMMARY: Processes applications for, administers and grades examinations for, and issues general and commercial driver's licenses takes photographs for general and commercial driver's licenses and for special identification cards and performs related duties as required. This position is located in the Ada County Sheriff's Office, Records Section, Driver's License Unit.
- Receives applicants for driver's licenses and identification cards and determines proper procedure
- Requests supporting documentation from applicants and reviews for authenticity
- Provides applicants with proper application forms and witnesses applicants signing of their signatures
- Verifies information on applications with Social Security Administration, Bureau of Vital Statistics, and Immigration and Naturalization Service, as necessary
- Administers, grades and records scores for written and oral examinations for Class A, B, C and D licenses and endorsement examinations for commercial class licenses
- Collects skills waiver forms and reviews for proper completion
- Generates camera cards by computer for use as data cards, fee receipts, and/or commercial drivers permits
- Instructs applicants on the completion of camera cards and reviews for proper
- Takes photographs of driver's license applicants for special identification cards
- Collects fees for transactions and balances daily fee receipts
- Schedules onsite driver's license testings and related permit and license sales with school districts
- Answers related questions, telephonically and in person, from the general public, other agencies and public officials;
- Screens applicants for visual acuity and looks for obvious emotional and/or medical problems that might affect the applicant's ability to hold a license
- Schedules appointments for Driver's License Skills Examiner and for commercial driver's license group testings
- Files related documents, and enters related information into the computer
- Provides voter registration forms to the public, collects completed forms and delivers them to the proper office, and refers related questions to the proper authority
- Types related memos, as required
- Compiles related data into various reports; and
- Performs additional clerical duties, not related to driver's licenses or identification cards that may be assigned by the County Sheriff, Idaho Transportation Department and/or Idaho Code.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma/GED;
- Ability to type at least 30 words per minute and/or have completed a standard high school course in typing preferred
- Previous experience as a receptionist, clerk and/or secretary (or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge of basic office terminology, procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of business arithmetic
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationship with other employees and
- Ability to deal with the general public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
- Ability to work independently, accurately and quickly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions
- Ability to communicate in writing using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to handle money (currency, coin and checks) accurately and make proper change;
- Skill in the operation of a computer (CRT) terminal, calculator, cash register, camera, printer and other general office equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Prior to the performance of assigned duties, Driver's License Clerks must be deputized by the Ada County Sheriff;
- Incumbents must wear the uniform of a noncommissioned deputy sheriff;
- Candidates must undergo a polygraph examination and a background check; and
- The following tools and/or equipment are used frequently in the performance of the duties of this position: computer keyboard, telephone, cash register, vision test equipment.
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans. To claim veterans' preference, please refer to www.adasheriff.org/jobs/veterans.asp.
- Most of the work is performed sitting at a desk or counter;
- Employees wear identification badge while on duty.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bd4myrv