||Correctional Program Specialist - Reentry/Reinsertion
||Olgoonik Management Services
||$86,202, with a 15% differential for Mexico City for a total of $99,132 + benefits.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Responsible for keeping INL Director, INL/WHP Mexico Program Officers, Mexico’s Corrections Reform Program Coordinator and other U.S. personnel, as appropriate, informed on all matters relating to programs related to reinsertion/reintegration programs, community corrections training programs, advisory assistance and training initiatives in the area of reinsertion and reentry.
- Provide mentoring and training on the reentry components of corrections, as well as alternatives to incarceration to the personnel of the various GOM prisons systems and other officials from the GOM, as required by INL.
- Conduct visits to Mexican correctional facilities (to be identified by INL-Mexico), assess the reinsertion process, and provide to INL, as a deliverable, a report on each
prison visited and its needs, capacities, shortcomings and progress achieved toward reaching a reinsertion program.
- Receive direction from the INL Mexico Corrections Program Coordinator.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university in any field with preference given to degrees in criminal justice, social sciences, accounting, or communications. Education may be substituted with the following: on
a year-for-year basis for each year served in the field of corrections at the rank of associate/deputy warden (or the equivalent).
- Minimum of four (4) combined years of experience in reinsertion and reentry
- Two (2) years of experience working on international corrections issues and reform, including working overseas in the corrections development field (which may be concurrent with the four years of subject matter experience). •Experience providing consultation and advice to correctional administrators, elected and appointed officials, staff and other key decision makers in prison systems or other related government agencies.
- Experience analyzing complex information and providing recommendations in the formulation, establishment or modification of monitoring and evaluation objectives.
- Spanish communication ability at a 2/2 FSI level required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
||Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Candidates shall submit a writing exemplar not to exceed two pages of a trip report, decision memorandum, or an assessment of a correctional facility or similar.
- Must have a demonstrated successful track record of accomplishment in correctional subject matter areas of expertise.
Physical Demands: Must be able to physically and medically perform in Mexico at high altitudes and in challenging environments.
- The position requires a Moderate Risk Public Trust determination issued by Department of State.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a favorable MRPT.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands.
|Additional Online Information:
Click to email