This is a highly responsible work managing a large state correctional institution, with responsibility for all programs and custody operations. The Superintendent is responsible for the formulation of all operating and security functions and all program functions of the institution; interprets and carries out the policies of the Department of Correction. The Superintendent supervises a large staff in maintaining and enforcing, disciplinary, safety, security, and custodial measures and reports to the director of Adult Institutions.
- Provides overall management of institution or facility
- Directs the programs and operations of the institutions or facility in accordance with the policy guidelines and program directives provided by the Department
- Coordinates the operations of the institutions or with other central office divisions
- Controls the internal operations of the institution and the management of the inmate population
- Oversees the completion of institution budget
- Exercises responsibility for the discipline of inmates
- Confers with inmate-families on such things as program and discipline
- Speaks to lay and professional groups regarding the institution, DOC programs and community relations
- Investigates breaches of discipline, conducts hearings, and takes disciplinary action
- Oversees the development, establishment and implementation of institutional policies, procedures, and objectives
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- A Bachelor´s degree from an accredited college or university. May substitution at least ten (10) years of experience in public safety work.
- In addition to the requirements described in subsections an candidate must have held a management position in correctional or related work for a minimum of five (5) years.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Health Savings Account available with Employer Contribution
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Prescription Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-funded Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Work/life balance: 24 Paid Days Off and 12 Holidays, per year
- Group Life Insurance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.