Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Five (5) years practical experience in the criminal justice field with three (3) years of the practical experience being in the operational-management supervision of a correctional facility
- Must possess high school diploma or GED equivalency. Must possess an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with a major in criminal justice, penology, sociology, psychology, education, business or closely related field.
- Must possess knowledge of Minimum Jail Standards, ACA, PREA, Criminal Justice Systems, management and supervisory principles and practices, basic office methods and procedures to include report preparation.
- Must possess demonstrable working skills in human and public relations, effective verbal and written communication, delegation of authority, decision making and problem solving, enforcement of policy, procedure and discipline.
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet specific deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to project a positive, professional image.
- Must be able to pass: criminal background check, federal background check, drug test.
- Previous experience in an Immigration Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) facility preferred.
- Responsible for facility sanitation, safety and security , applicable Federal, State, local and jail safety and sanitation standards/regulations, negotiation, execution, implementation, and management of labor and business contracts, budgets, grants, equipment, etc.
- Provide supervision and work direction to four Shift Commanders, Administrative Lieutenant, Training and Accreditation Lieutenant , and two Captains.
- Possess knowledge gained through education/experience in basic budgeting, policy development, project planning, program administration and other aspects of a public sector facility operation.
- Act as Superintendent when so designated