Job Description New Search
|Job Category:||Executive Director|
|Reference #:||Job ID# 49560|
|Hiring Organization:||Arizona Department Of Corrections|
|Salary Range:||$185,000 DOE|
|Description:||Arizona Department of Administration
Delivering results that matter by providing best in class support services.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Director (AZ Department of Corrections)
Salary: $185,000 DOE
1601 W. Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Requisition is open until filled.
The first review of resumes will occur Monday, August 26, 2019.
Arizona Department of Corrections: Safer communities through effective corrections.
The State of Arizona is recruiting a decisive, dynamic and thoughtful leader to serve as the Director of the Arizona Department of Corrections. This position provides an opportunity for candidates with a passion for public service, experience in public safety, corrections, and/or criminal justice administration, and a drive to change lives through meaningful recidivism and second-chance reforms.
The Arizona Department of Corrections is Arizona’s largest state agency. Our corrections professionals are committed to protecting citizens while at the same time changing the lives of the inmates in their custody. The director will be tasked to advance the cultural transformation we are bringing to Arizona’s state correctional system and continue the progress of reducing inmate recidivism.
This position requires an individual capable of pushing an organization forward, exploring and moving past boundaries, a natural problem-solver, confident, strong-willed, goal-oriented, pragmatic, leading-edge thinker focused on making an impact at work.
· Leadership oversight and accountability for agency vision and mission, organizational health and performance, policy, operations, personnel, and technological innovation.
· Oversight of all Department of Corrections institutions and programs, and responsible management of the agency's billion-dollar plus operating budget.
· Develop a high functioning team across multiple operational sites; implement controls and measures to effectively monitor and assess employee morale, operations, and program outcomes.
· Administer community supervision services for adult inmates released from prison.
· Work with cabinet-level colleagues, including the directors of the Arizona Health Care Containment System (AHCCCS) and the Department of Economic Security to develop and administer workforce-driven recidivism reduction programs.
· Build rapport and advocate for reforms and initiatives to improve correctional system outcomes. This includes recommendations for legislative and executive initiatives.
· Provide the leadership presence in public and private forums including legislative hearings, judicial proceedings, media engagements and public events.
· Lead the agency using the Arizona Management System (AMS) -- the state’s performance management tools developed and implemented by state employees to create a service-driven and efficient government.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY STATE LAW
The director, as minimum qualifications, shall have administrative experience in adult correctional programs and qualifications and training which enable the director to manage the affairs of a modern penal system. (ARS § 41-1603)
· Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and ten years of management level experience.
· Ten years of professional level work experience in corrections or criminal justice, five of which are in progressively increasing responsibilities.
· Proven experience leading large organizations through transformation and change.
· Experience leading in military or paramilitary environments.
· Community relations and engagement.
All candidates will be required to demonstrate evidence of the experience, skills, and abilities required to meet this role.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
· Sick leave
· Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
· Health and dental insurance
· Retirement plan
· Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
· Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Chris Weakland at email@example.com or 602-542-4898 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-542-5482. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
|Additional Online Information:||https://azstatejobs.azdoa.gov/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=31UF|
|Contact Information:|| Chris Weakland
Arizona Department of Administration
100 N. 15th Avene
Phoenix, Arizona 85007 US
Click to email
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT