Today, the White House Secret Service Unit is trying to figure out where the system broke-down.
Here is the simple answer. The human element “goofed-up”.
Now, the questions are:
Lessons Learned from the Security Breach
- Did the human element “goof-up” because it is a systemic issue that the “beautiful people” are different from us “the normal people” ? Beautiful people do not wait in line and go through the normal security scrutiny required to protect the President of the United States - the most powerful man in the world.
- Do not tell the American people that the President was never in danger - we “the normal people” know better. Yes, many of us “normal people” were born at night, but not last night. The President was in danger!
- Yes, I still believe in Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny, but is this really the first time that someone has breached the inner security rings of the White House ? If these two “wing-nuts” were not publicity hounds, would we,” the normal people”, ever have found out about the breach? My experience and cynical beliefs lead me to believe that this is not the first time - but it must be the last time.
Summary for Today
- Do not laugh at the misfortunes of others - double, triple check your own security - TODAY!
- There is an old adage: ”A chain is only as strong as its weakest link”. You need to find the weak link(s) in your security operations and fix it. (If the truth be known, most of us know where our weak links are - fixing them may be the issue - politics, funding, staffing, etc .)
- When it comes to security there are no ”beautiful people” or sacred cows - NO EXCEPTIONS TO The RULES!
Check and test your security operations daily or more often if needed. Do not assume anything and do not take anything for granted.
Please leave your comments my [Bill Sturgeon] blog page, and I'll get back to you. Now I am going to sit by the fire and wait for Santa to come down the chimney - perhaps I should put out the fire first.