The following are actions gang members will use to get over on law enforcement and corrections officers while using the criminal justice system against us.
- Use of discovery motions to find witnesses, victims, and informants to threaten and/or kill them.
- Use of continuous delays in trial to remain in county jail to conduct criminal business or in an attempt to escape.
- Use of court clothing exchanges to deliver drugs.
- Use of jail telephones to find information, such as booking numbers or court dates, on enemy targets to kill them.
- Use of special visits from gang member “witnesses” accompanied by an attorney, to avoid the screening process and pass drugs and messages.
- Use of attorney privileges to avoid mail inspection by jail deputies and prison staff to pass important messages and order hits.
- Use of witness subpoena power to bring gang members from state prisons to the county jail under false pretences in order to have meetings or to kill someone.
- Use of child custody and support cases to subpoena gang members to the county jail, in a less obvious way, in order to have meetings or kill someone.
- Causing an enemy to be placed on the court list and transported to a county where he is more vulnerable to attack.
- The filing of spurious complaints, writs, and appeals to harass gang investigators and delay prosecution.
- The use of perjuring witnesses or “Leslie White” type informants to confuse the presentation of a case and possibly cause a mistrial.
- The use of unscrupulous bail bonds offices to obtain information on enemies or to bail out prison gang members.
- Using the proper status or unscrupulous attorneys and private investigators to facilitate all of the above.
Visit the Tracy Barnhart page